wow, a vintage Jeep Cherokee by me!!

I used to want to be cool. I thought if I had manual, I would show off and pick up women. I'm 35 years old and more down to earth now.

Yeah, XJ Jeeps are cool and I enjoy seeing them on the road. I love their old fashioned styles, but XJ Jeeps no longer fit my lifestyle and goals for the future.

35? Don't be ridiculous, Most drivers are 40-70 age and they still do manual with 10-13 speeds for semi-truck.

THat is possible. I'm pretty sure if it was for sale, they would put a "For Sale" sign on it. I would assume the owner is just letting it park and waiting until money allow it. YOu know, maybe for time to work on it.

You never know , it could just be sitting there rusting away. You have nothing to lose by asking .

Wow, this is EXACTLY the Jeep Cherokee that my friend's parents had. EXACTLY. I don't recall that it had those headlights - did that happen around 1980?

Anyway, that Jeep Cherokee with its body lines is just straight up beautiful. If I had a lot of money, I'd buy one of these, FULLY RESTORED. I have a Scout II being restored and what a @#$%&^%$$^ NIGHTMARE it has been to get it restored. Nearly 4 years later, I STILL don't have it back from the restorer.

Last edited:
Wow, this is EXACTLY the Jeep Cherokee that my friend's parents had. EXACTLY. I don't recall that it had those headlights - did that happen around 1980?

Anyway, that Jeep Cherokee with its body lines is just straight up beautiful. If I had a lot of money, I'd buy one of these, FULLY RESTORED. I have a Scout II being restored and what a @#$%&^%$$^ NIGHTMARE it has been to get it restored. Nearly 4 years later, I STILL don't have it back from the restorer.

1979 was the first year for square head lights. Your friend's parents probably had the razor grille along with round headlights which was produced from 1974-1978. What did they do with it? Sell or trade it?

I love manual, sadly today cars 95% of them comes in automatics while 5% comes with manual. Too many lazy Americans don't want learn to shift. Its not that hard. :(
35? Don't be ridiculous, Most drivers are 40-70 age and they still do manual with 10-13 speeds for semi-truck.

1979 was the first year for square head lights. Your friend's parents probably had the razor grille along with round headlights which was produced from 1974-1978. What did they do with it? Sell or trade it?

No idea. They always had it out on the property, just sitting there for at least 15 years. The man's wife died around 1993, and he died in the early oughts, I believe. I never saw him again after 1999. His son, I never saw again after 1999 as well (after I came out to him). I'd love to have one of these, in a manual with the classic 70's grill.

I love manual, sadly today cars 95% of them comes in automatics while 5% comes with manual. Too many lazy Americans don't want learn to shift. Its not that hard. :(

:rockon:

:bowdown:

While in the restoration process, I had my Scout II converted to 4WD MANUAL. Wide-ratio T19 Borg-Warner transmission with fully synchronized gears and a Dana 20 transfer case, single stick. Manual hubs, no Lock-O-Matics.

Sweet interior as simple old school, no trouble with any electrical issues. Rock body but grossed emissions (in California)

Sweet interior as simple old school, no trouble with any electrical issues. Rock body but grossed emissions (in California)

I've had a 1989 Grand Wagoneer that was next to impossible to pass emission. A 1991 Grand Wagoneer that passed emission on first try. Yeah, those trucks are often hard to pass emission with.

I've had a 1989 Grand Wagoneer that was next to impossible to pass emission. A 1991 Grand Wagoneer that passed emission on first try. Yeah, those trucks are often hard to pass emission with.

Same here, the vehicles with non-feedback or feedback carburetors are very hard to pass the emission inspection because California want those vehicle's emission levels are about to equal to the 1990 emission levels.....stupid BAR people......(pardon me I go back to work rite now)

If you live in Ca, your '89 Grand Wagoneer might need to pass the tight emission levels that would be equivalent to the newer model year 2000 or 2005 but impossible. That way the California want you to give up your lovely Grand Wagoneer to the salvage yard or sell to someone else. They don't want to see the old and dirty vehicles around, keep the air clean.
I've seen many older (1976 and up) vehicles are evaporated fast because the owners have limited budget or finance crisis that can't afford to spend on the failed emission repairs. That is sad. But I still see more oldies vehicles around. I have my a 1975 Chevy truck that doesn't need smog inspection requirement.

right across the road from my house, saw this poorman's Humber, but its really nice, i'd love to have this one...
IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

Same here, the vehicles with non-feedback or feedback carburetors are very hard to pass the emission inspection because California want those vehicle's emission levels are about to equal to the 1990 emission levels.....stupid BAR people......(pardon me I go back to work rite now)

There is carburetor upgrade to fuel injection conversion kits. ;)

My old teacher and one of my coworker did that. It was not hard to do it.

its a English Land Rover, they always have 'snorkel' as you call it, its more for river crossing, good cars...well not exactly cars um, british version of jeeps but more luxiourous Dereksbicycles would know it...

its a English Land Rover, they always have 'snorkel' as you call it, its more for river crossing, good cars...well not exactly cars um, british version of jeeps but more luxiourous Dereksbicycles would know it...

yes, it looks like antique LR maybe 1960's. I saw that one on the used car sale lot, have been sitting there for long time. No one buy it, why? :dunno: My guess is American people smack Jeeps or 4 wheelers (domestic). But I work in Corona Del Mar just next to Newport Beach, there is lot of LRs because they are from nearby the dealership along with Porsche dealership on the same street. Not my type.

I'm aware of what Land Rovers are. My brother has 1 that he allowed me to drive. I do like them depending on models. Not really crazy about them, though.

I'm aware of what Land Rovers are. My brother has 1 that he allowed me to drive. I do like them depending on models. Not really crazy about them, though.

I did smog them, haven't fail them since. Also a BMW 4.4L V8 in a LR Discovery HSE. I did drove some of them, real smooth ride cuz of heavy chassis....

Back