Would it be harder for me to get a job?

Hannah louise

Reaction score
Hello!
I live in ireland, I'm a student and I'm hoh. I was wondering it would be harder for me to get a job when I'm older (i'd like to be a midwife!) because of my moderate to severe hearing loss?
Thanks!:)

Hello!
I live in ireland, I'm a student and I'm hoh. I was wondering it would be harder for me to get a job when I'm older (i'd like to be a midwife!) because of my moderate to severe hearing loss?
Thanks!:)

My daughter who has progressive hearing loss and is moderate now graduated from nursing school, and is in demand to work.

We have more that one deaf heath care provider on this board too.

I strongly suggest you to take a lot of interships while you are a student. That's how I learned how to get a job. I am an ASL user and had tons of interships, but i ve always worked since I was 13 yrs old. I had to because i wanted to learn how to approach or educate hearing people in a proper way. Since you are student, and you cna always check out the disability service at school to see if they will be able to help you to find a job as an internship only. Sometimes it does not pay or sometimes it have a limited check. I forget what was it called something with severe or something. take a lot of advantage anything from the disability service or job service at school while you are a student.

Go to your school where the disability service and ask for applying any kind of jobs that you wish to try. good luck!

I was a health aide and I am HOH . I when for an interview and and the woman interviewed me called the nurse that trained my class and told her she really wanted to hire me. There where a few health aides that where HOH in the company I worked for.

I was a CNA and had hearing aids with no problem. My mother had 2 RN's and 2 LPN's who were HOH. Don't see a problem at all. There are products that the medical profession uses that are for the deaf/hoh.

Back