World not ending in 2012, says NASA

this is just another example of those doomsayers... we always have them all the time along the centuries... the 1900, the Y2K, the solar or lunar eclipse... this happens when we get scared of the next great unknown arising from the horizon...

anyway, the Mayan calendar is not ending at that date... it is just cyclical, such as every Jan 1 every year, or 8 pm every night...

Curious About Astronomy: What's going to happen on December 21st 2012?

Anyone that spends their life savings is going to look silly and stupid in 2013. People have been calling the end to the world many times before. The world has been here for 4 billion years and will be here for another 4 billion.

I would spend my life savings to go on a tour of the world.
Been thinking of doing it.

The believers aren't going to go, "Oh my! How stupid of me! NASA says it isn't going to end in 2012." just because of this article. It's unfortunate, I know, but until they are sitting in their basements waiting until they figure out "Hey, where's the boom?" we have no hope of convincing them.

which beliver ?

It is very common for many people who thought they have cancer then they spent all of thier $$ savings, bonds and all kind of saving $$. At the results were that they are FINE. uh oh!
If I had to use my life savings to go on a world tour I would not have enough money to make it out of my back yard. I am so broke I can't even pay attention. :-(

If I had to use my life savings to go on a world tour I would not have enough money to make it out of my back yard. I am so broke I can't even pay attention. :-(

I know the feeling. :( that's why i gotta working to pay the huge bills. If i dont have any owed bills i would have been traveling over the world. Crap! haha

Pffft—WTF does NASA know, anyway? They’ve been wrong before, and they’ll be wrong again.
"But they're NASA for crying outloud, they put a guy on the moon, they're the ones thinking this stuff up, I'm sure they got a room full of guys just sitting around thinking stuff up!! Aww man!! "
Paraphrased from the movie Armageddon with Bruce Willis talking to Billy Bob Thorton... Heh!!

If it ends it ends if it don't it doesn't. Bada Bing Bada Boom!

Back