Wireless VP??

eln

Reaction score
Hi, I can't get VP because I don't have TV (don't want one), and I use wireless internet. I understand security issue. My question is if any company makes a VP for laptop with wireless??

I predict someday! I am pretty sure there are some research and development on that concept. Will we see it happen? You can bet on it, :-D

Anyway, I have wireless (disabled for now), and I do have cam built in my lappy. Gonna to test it with HOVRS very soon via wireless see how well it comes out. I will let you know. I have real multimedia lappy, damn!!! I love it, and of course it is AMD!

Hi, I can't get VP because I don't have TV (don't want one), and I use wireless internet. I understand security issue. My question is if any company makes a VP for laptop with wireless??

With a wireless bridge you can turn a VP into a wireless VP. Of course, you still need a TV. Also a webcam hooked to a laptop will work with HOVRS.

almost alllllllllll videofone uses TV get tv from walmart for 60 bucks

wanted wireless? try netgear xe102

Wait a minute. You don't have a TV, so having a videophone is useless. All you want is a webcam. You'd need special connectors if you wanted to display a videophone like device on your laptop. So, just get a plain old webcam and use VRS.

I'm already on wireless VP :)

laptop, iSight, iChat, EVDO

ta-da! in few years, I would replace new apple laptop with built-in webcam. That would be fancy

You can see VP from laptop. How it going to work? I will explain to you how.

Your laptop or computer must have tv tuner with composite. Also support must have Windows Media Edition. I watch televison from laptop. Problem that you have to put vp-100 on desk or everywhere. Also use wireless bridge.

You put AV in video 1 and set up video 1, not channels.

Also you still need router to vp to set up DMZ. That's all you do.

Why wait few years? Have one now?
I'm already on wireless VP :)

laptop, iSight, iChat, EVDO

ta-da! in few years, I would replace new apple laptop with built-in webcam. That would be fancy

Yup, that is what I have with one VP, it is hooked up with my PC.

You can see VP from laptop. How it going to work? I will explain to you how.

Your laptop or computer must have tv tuner with composite. Also support must have Windows Media Edition. I watch televison from laptop. Problem that you have to put vp-100 on desk or everywhere. Also use wireless bridge.

You put AV in video 1 and set up video 1, not channels.

Also you still need router to vp to set up DMZ. That's all you do.

Most people don't have laptops with tuner cards. The original poster is asking if there are any videophones made for "laptops with wireless cards." The bottom line is, no, because laptops use webcams.

You still need to hook up a internet connection to the videophone, which you stated could be done with a wireless bridge. You'll also need wall power for the videophone. Why the heck go to all that trouble for a videophone on a laptop?

What's easier and makes for an simple setup:
1) Laptop
2) Wireless connection on laptop (standard in newer laptops, but not older laptops)
3) Component cable card addition (not a standard component of laptops)
4) Videophone
5) Wireless bridge for router to videophone
6) Power for the videophone -- required

OR

1) Laptop
2) Wireless connection on laptop
3) Webcam

Hmm?

Most people don't have laptops with tuner cards. The original poster is asking if there are any videophones made for "laptops with wireless cards." The bottom line is, no, because laptops use webcams.

You still need to hook up a internet connection to the videophone, which you stated could be done with a wireless bridge. You'll also need wall power for the videophone. Why the heck go to all that trouble for a videophone on a laptop?

1) Laptop
2) Wireless connection on laptop (standard in newer laptops, but not older laptops)
4) Videophone

OR

1) Laptop
3) Webcam

Hmm?

Laptops does have tv tuner card. Of course, always need power plug for videophone. It is same what you do on your tv with videophone. It is same thing. Bridge for wireless if you dont have wired from wall. Router can go to bridge to videophone is very simple. Same thing as router to videophone as wired.

Laptops does have tv tuner card. Of course, always need power plug for videophone. It is same what you do on your tv with videophone. It is same thing. Bridge for wireless if you dont have wired from wall. Router can go to bridge to videophone is very simple. Same thing as router to videophone as wired.

I don't think this is worth arguing over but a) unless you've got a recent laptop, you probably don't have a TV tuner card, and b) TV tuner cards are not the same as composite in cables, which are the yellow and white cables that you see on the VP. You'll need to convert the composite signal into a TV tuner cable.

I don't think this is worth arguing over but a) unless you've got a recent laptop, you probably don't have a TV tuner card, and b) TV tuner cards are not the same as composite in cables, which are the yellow and white cables that you see on the VP. You'll need to convert the composite signal into a TV tuner cable.

You can use Tv tuner with video capture. It does have adapter composite to S- video in that card. Picture showing.

Remember that vp is video output. Make sure card have video input.

Attachments

• 15528513_o.jpg
    15528513_o.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 13

1) Laptop
4) Videophone

OR

1) Laptop
3) Webcam

Hmm?

use video audio usb adaptor no need to have tv tuner

You can use Tv tuner with video capture. It does have adapter composite to S- video in that card. Picture showing.

Remember that vp is video output. Make sure card have video input.

So what's the price? How's the ease of setup? Is it as easy as installing a program from a CD then plugging in a USB device, or does it require someone to know how to capture video and configure the PC Card?

Setting up a VP onto a laptop is not as easy as using a webcam. It can be done, obviously, if you want to jump through hoops to do it. Is ein asking for a complicated setup or does he just want to video with anyone, which can be accomplished with a webcam?

Hey!! I am planning set up VP-200 with Wireless but my VP-200 are connect to TV can I set up Wireless on VP-200??

Back