Wireless router suggestion

TechBill is good idea for save money that don't need buy Bridge Network, any old router wireless can bridge program from free DD-WRT.

Today I took an old Linksys Wireless router WRT54G v2.2 and DD-WRT firmware DD-WRT :: News then I tested it in bridge mode via wireless on VP100.
It worked and no lags at all. But I only test it calling to a friend and have not test recieve calls yet. I was in a hurry today so I will test recieve call in later.

There is a DD-WRT for Beklin routers too but it a risk and mistake can make router no longer work and worthless or "bricked" so be sure to read carefully and select the right firmware.

Now I can put VP100 anywhere in my house no need to worry about run a cable from router just use old linksys and wireless bridge to my other wireless router connect to dsl using DD-WRT.

Hi everyone!,

My Belkin 54g wireless router just conked out and died. I am able to use WIRED network through dead router. It's status lights are blinking weirdly and wild and it's power light is blinking. It's firmware is dead that I cannot access to. BUT wireless access for laptop is no longer working :tears::(:(

What REALLY happened is that my wife tried to print ticket info to networked printer from our laptop. It won't work. I checked it's network thru my laptop and it can "see" files from Ubuntu box. But my Ubuntu box cannot "see" XP box either laptop or desktop. I suspected Router crashed. So I rebooted and it still won't work. I decide to factory reboot my router. After rebooting. I had to re-do setup in router firmware through browser. After few setups. I setup DMZ for VP100. It crashed after I clicked "apply" then router no longer worked. I believe that my router is old anyway. It's a bit more than 3 years old now.

Suggestions!!??

I wanted WIRELESS router that would works with any VP!! (Of course must have DMZ!!) I'm going for just cheap one for my budget.

-another Belkin
-Dlink
-Trendnet?
-Linksys
-Netgear

or any other odd something brand wireless router that would work with VP.

Suggestion Anyone?

Thanks
Catty

Use the router that came with your video phone and connect up an access point. The router that comes with the sorenson video phone is not a bad router.

Back