Wireless Network

Originally posted by SilenceGold
It's nifty if you run your own WISP. I run one. With a 100 feet high antenna at my place on a ridge. And you can drive around into the nearby town about 3 miles away and still use your laptop. I usually surf while I'm waiting at a sonic resturant for my order. :-o

WIPS = Wireless Internet Provider Services

:thumb: I am curious where did you buy all those equipments?

Those are provided in my home area, (Minnesota) but the business sucks, they are not stable at all. I almost got it, but my friend got it and he had bad experience.

Hopefully in the future, there will be decent WISP set up in my area, that would be cool.

Well, you can just buy standard equipment. I used an amplifer to boost the signals from my 100 feet antenna and a smaller amplifer from the one in my car. Both are under the legal limits.

Right now, I am working on using two laptops and webcams on each and put each in one of two cars. Think about you following someone on long trip..you can see each other with wireless webcam.

Heh!

I have LinkSys wireless router box in centered of my apt unit, then I can take my lappy to the lobby and it's work prefectly :)

LinkSys BEFW11S4 Wireless 4 ports
SMC 2632W PCCard
Motorola Cable modem

Originally posted by DBPowerWCRulez
Heh!

I have LinkSys wireless router box in centered of my apt unit, then I can take my lappy to the lobby and it's work prefectly :)

LinkSys BEFW11S4 Wireless 4 ports
SMC 2632W PCCard
Motorola Cable modem
I have the same linksys. I am thinking of upgrading to wireless G soon.

Back