Windows Vista vs XP issues

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may have been addressed before but I couldn't find it.

I have a desktop computer that is an Acer that has Windows Vista on it. (not my choice) I previously had a desktop with Windows XP SE. Norton antivirus corrputed my Windows and caused a hard drive crash on the old computer which made me buy the new one. For the most part, I am doing well with Vista. I like some things and am unsure about others. The one main thing I am really pissed about, all of the programs I had for XP will not run on Vista. I specifically want a calendar creator program I have and all of my ASL education CD's.

Is there anyway possible that I can get them to run on Vista? My netbook I have has XP on it, but being a netbook it has no CD drive.

Thanks for any help!!

I don't have window vista, but I wonder if Windows Vista do have Program Compatibility Mode?

That you could run old programs from XP window programs, and other older window system programs? That way you could run compatibility mode on your ASL education CD's.

Maybe someone who have window vista would be able to answer your questions. :)

I haven't found anything like a program compatibility mode, but then again, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to computers anymore. :laugh2:

Back