Windows Mobile Relay?

PeteEMT

Reaction score
I thought I saw it mentioned here long ago, but don't see it.

Lots of support for blackberries and sidekicks.

And the AIM method won't work as almost all WM clients seem to use a proxy and add a delay.

I saw Sprint relay software for Windows Mobile but they won't distribute it to Windows Mobile users that don't have it. I feel it's not fair to the Blackberry and Sidekick users.

I saw Sprint relay software for Windows Mobile but they won't distribute it to Windows Mobile users that don't have it. I feel it's not fair to the Blackberry and Sidekick users.

That true that it not far for blackberry and sidekick users. But I plan to wait until my pager die out first before getting new pager. But I did get news about sprint have now selling amazing pager called "Palm Centro" pager. It only cost $99.00 bucks for it. It seems like a good deal breaker. it have Camera 1.3, Phone build in and speaker, Built in Blue-tooth, AIM, MSN and Y ahoo service. Viedo camera too. It also hearing aid compatible rating M3, Google maps bobile, enhanced attachment viewing, and many others in there. It seems pretty good. I read that the payment plan is 29.99 a month is not bad. Since it unlimited email, web access, unlimit instant messaging and unlimited text/SMS messing is great. I been thinking of getting that. It have relay service too.

^^ Sounds like what you described...a Sidekick killer. We will see what it looks like. ;)

^^ I just saw the link...not bad but the keyboard looks too small. The major complaint is that most qwerty phones have tiny keyboards that are not suited for big hands. They tend to follow japanese people who have kid hands, I don't think that's fair for people with large hands and thumbs. It looks like it uses relay thru AIM, no difference to relay thru any IM client. It doesn't look like it includes relay software in that phone.

^^ I just saw the link...not bad but the keyboard looks too small. The major complaint is that most qwerty phones have tiny keyboards that are not suited for big hands. They tend to follow japanese people who have kid hands, I don't think that's fair for people with large hands and thumbs. At least it comes with relay software, though.

Ah true it is a small key board just like they key board I saw on Treo pager too. I hope they can make it bigger or maybe try to email sprint company and ask them to make the key pad bigger for deaf people to use it. I know sidekick have small key pad too.

ha, I have an AT&T 8525 and it has a good size keyboard for me. Too bad it doesn't have relay software, so I use AIM to use relay services. I rather have real relay software, not AIM.

ha, I have an AT&T 8525 and it has a good size keyboard for me. Too bad it doesn't have relay software, so I use AIM to use relay services. I rather have real relay software, not AIM.

yeah me too I have replay AIM but one thing I would like to see all pager service to have relay 911 service for deaf instead of TTY to call 911. My pager sidekick 2 is not so bad to use the key pad as long it something I can commuicate with my families and friends.

Back