Windows 7

I played with taskbar at bottom and left side on two different monitors (standard monitor and widescreen monitor).

We have bad old habit with standard screen monitor. We used to see taskbar at bottom. I tried to put taskbar on leftside (old standard monitor) then I do not like it at all. I prefer taskbar at bottom on old standard monitor.

I did try Win 7 on my older Pentium 4 and GeForce 4 (Desktop). Won't let me higher than 1024x768 screen resolution. It ran too slow and ugly screen resolution. Then, I tried to install Win 7 on my laptop. I like it much better.

Taskbar at bottom (widescreen). Waste white space at right and left side. Cut off at bottom of Yahoo.

wastespace.jpg

popupatbottom.jpg

Taskbar at left side. Little extra to see at bottom of Yahoo. I like it but still too much white space at right and left side.

lefttaskbar.jpg

popupatleft.jpg

I prefer like that way what I did set up.

popupatleft-1.jpg

popupatleftq.png

I played with taskbar at bottom and left side on two different monitors (standard monitor and widescreen monitor).

We have bad old habit with standard screen monitor. We used to see taskbar at bottom. I tried to put taskbar on leftside (old standard monitor) then I do not like it at all. I prefer taskbar at bottom on old standard monitor.

I did try Win 7 on my older Pentium 4 and GeForce 4 (Desktop). Won't let me higher than 1024x768 screen resolution. It ran too slow and ugly screen resolution. Then, I tried to install Win 7 on my laptop. I like it much better.

Taskbar at bottom (widescreen). Waste white space at right and left side. Cut off at bottom of Yahoo.

wastespace.jpg

popupatbottom.jpg

Taskbar at left side. Little extra to see at bottom of Yahoo. I like it but still too much white space at right and left side.

lefttaskbar.jpg

popupatleft.jpg

I prefer like that way what I did set up.

popupatleft-1.jpg

popupatleftq.png

GeForce 5 and below isn't supported due not fully Directx 9 and Windows NT 6 (Vista and Windows 7) require GeForce 6 or above.

GeForce 5 and below isn't supported due not fully Directx 9 and Windows NT 6 (Vista and Windows 7) require GeForce 6 or above.

I tried GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 (4200) in my older P4 desktop.
No problem with Vista. Run as normal and still great screen.
Nothing happen.

I tried GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 (4200) in my older P4 desktop.
No problem with Vista. Run as normal and still great screen.
Nothing happen.

then you are under recommended spec, more likely minimum.

I had tried Vista on my old HP PC and run very crappy.

Foxrac

Who care below from system requirement. I am not kind of PC game person. Most time use Adobe Studio (Photo & illust), Acrobat, Tax, Excel, internet, etc... Unless new software won't work with my PC system then I will upgrade for little thing better than buy whole system. I have 32 years experience with home computer. My first computer kit was "Poly 88" with 8 inches floppy drive.

Not important to spend my money on expensive or fancy graphic or other stuff. Most important it work and run well. No complain!!!

I use my cheap laptop for my job purpose as photographer at college sport events. Last winter, my laptop got virus then format all my hard drive then why not try Win 7 on my laptop. I surprised it work very well (still little bit below than system requirement) then why not to use Win 7 on my laptop for while.

Foxrac

Who care below from system requirement. I am not kind of PC game person. Most time use Adobe Studio (Photo & illust), Acrobat, Tax, Excel, internet, etc... Unless new software won't work with my PC system then I will upgrade for little thing better than buy whole system. I have 32 years experience with home computer. My first computer kit was "Poly 88" with 8 inches floppy drive.

Not important to spend my money on expensive or fancy graphic or other stuff. Most important it work and run well. No complain!!!

I use my cheap laptop for my job purpose as photographer at college sport events. Last winter, my laptop got virus then format all my hard drive then why not try Win 7 on my laptop. I surprised it work very well (still little bit below than system requirement) then why not to use Win 7 on my laptop for while.

I'm not talking about fancy video card and there's entry level of video card that offered for PC like GeForce 5200, 6200, etc will work with Vista.

Vista need Directx 9 to use Aero feature and other several applications that require graphic acceleration, I'm NOT talking about gaming, however there's some game software require GeForce 6 or above when run on Vista, regardless if GeForce 4 or 5 support Directx 9 due performance issue or VRAM.

Good luck with Win 7 then who cares, you aren't gamer or heavy graphic programmer then you are fine with GeForce 4 or 5 on Vista.

For Win 7, I think there's driver issue for GeForce 4 when run Win 7.

Otherwise, I made mistake about requirement on graphic card, I went and re-check then found out about there's no specified video card to support but longer as support 64 VRAM for Home Basic or full Directx 9 support with 128 VRAM for Home Premium, I'm sorry about made mistake, however I was check on game requirement system for Vista instead of directly to MS software.

for those with widescreen monitors - I don't really understand why people maximize internet browser. My browser is pre-configured to certain width and is kept at right side. my menu bar is at the top of the screen.

to each own... I guess....

I'm not talking about fancy video card and there's entry level of video card that offered for PC like GeForce 5200, 6200, etc will work with Vista.

Vista need Directx 9 to use Aero feature and other several applications that require graphic acceleration, I'm NOT talking about gaming, however there's some game software require GeForce 6 or above when run on Vista, regardless if GeForce 4 or 5 support Directx 9 due performance issue or VRAM.

Good luck with Win 7 then who cares, you aren't gamer or heavy graphic programmer then you are fine with GeForce 4 or 5 on Vista.

For Win 7, I think there's driver issue for GeForce 4 when run Win 7.

Otherwise, I made mistake about requirement on graphic card, I went and re-check then found out about there's no specified video card to support but longer as support 64 VRAM for Home Basic or full Directx 9 support with 128 VRAM for Home Premium, I'm sorry about made mistake, however I was check on game requirement system for Vista instead of directly to MS software.

You can disable aero, theme, etc.. to make smooth and good for low-line gpu.
for those with widescreen monitors - I don't really understand why people maximize internet browser. My browser is pre-configured to certain width and is kept at right side. my menu bar is at the top of the screen.

to each own... I guess....

I agreed with you! I don't understand why many people do like that but it's pointless and just show blank. I almost never maximize internet browser for my widescreen LCD.

Back