widex super 440 HA's- anyone use them?

Darrenh1984

Reaction score
Hi, I visited a private hearing clinic today to discuss an alternative hearing aid to ny naida sp. I and need a hearing aid that will be useable in intense situations like sweating etc. Has anyone got these hearing aids? Any good/ bad feed back? Many thanks

Hi, I visited a private hearing clinic today to discuss an alternative hearing aid to ny naida sp. I and need a hearing aid that will be useable in intense situations like sweating etc. Has anyone got these hearing aids? Any good/ bad feed back? Many thanks

If you are going to pay privately, have you heard about Siemens Aquaris?

Those can actually go swimming.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately they are not powerfull enough for my loss, would be perfect choice if was a more powerful version

I wear the Widex Fusion 440, but I may go with the Super the next time I'm in the market. I had Starkey before these and was not happy. Widex has incredibly natural sound and comes with great features like bluetooth, M-Dex and TV Dex. I'm loving it...way better than any hearing aid I've had to date, and I've been wearing hearing aids since six years old.

Laura

Bump -

I recently purchased Phonak Naida S III SP's and I am not completely happy with them. Previous set was the Phonak Versata and just before that was the Widex Vita's.

I did like the Widex Vita but have never liked the Phonak Versata, but I had to get new HA's and at the time, the Versata's were the only ones "powerful" enough as widex didn't have anything comparable.

4 years later, the Versata's were checking out so I stayed with Phonak because that's what was recommended. As mentioned, I'm not 100% thrilled, but they(SP'S) are a step up from the Versata's in terms of clarity. I've only had them roughly a month and we are still doing tuning, but they are nearly maxed out.

My next step would be the mid-range Phonaks(Naida V SP's), but I am thinking of going back to Widex since the cost will be roughly the same.

With that said, anyone here have better luck in comparing the Widex 440's to the Phonaks(or anything comparable)?

Edit: I've been wearing HA's since I was 4 and I am now 29. My loss is roughly 90% and is mostly the mids to highs with a 40% speech understandibility.

Explaining your loss in percents doesn't really help since losses are explained in dB. I wear naida v SP on one side and the naida V UP on the other and I find the UP sounds much better than the Sp. I am severe/profound on both sides

I would always go with the UPs, sound is better, longer battery life and size different is tiny!
If they are maxed out anyway, I would go for the UPs.

It posted twice for some reason....

Last edited:
I think a hearing aid for that exits. With modern technology today, everything could be possible and even hearing aids in which you can swim do exists. So I think you have to look up online for good offers for this kind of heating aids. Good luck!

Explaining your loss in percents doesn't really help since losses are explained in dB. I wear naida v SP on one side and the naida V UP on the other and I find the UP sounds much better than the Sp. I am severe/profound on both sides

I will get that info when I go to the Audiologist on Thursday.

I am going to try out the Widex 220's since I am not completely happy with S III SP's. Hopefully I can provide some feedback for the OP since they are similar to the 440's, minus a few features.

Back