Why join alldeaf and dont post

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
I notice lot of you all who join alldeaf but did not post here at all. Like some of you who read alldeaf for many years but never post it there.

SO what do you think as to why they dont bother to post but read all deaf?

discussion!! :hmm:

They join to read all of Frisky's posts about cats and my posts about turbocharged engine.

Pretty ironic you ask. It's obvious, new people are discouraged from posting due to countering comments from those who have been on All deaf longer.

Well if ya ask me...it was because I was simply a little scared of posting something stupid...:giggle:...(which I have on many occasions)....When I joined...read the threads...and thought..."my gosh, these members are so intelligent!"....Took awhile to get the feel and in the swing of things here....And of course my never wearing an HA or a CI....and an oral deafie....

My advise is to just "jump in"...(of course an introduction comes first)....everybody learns from everybody else....information at your fingertips!...

There might also be hearing people who join because they want to learn about aspects of Deaf culture (and learning from members of the culture is probably the best way to learn about a culture!). However, these hearing people might be too intimidated to post because of a fear of being treated condescendingly.

some of them are spammers in disguise. what's also annoying are people who friend-request me and yet they didn't even introduce themselves or did they post any threads.

Lurking is a way of life in the Internet world. I did it for a few years before I jumped in.

some of them are spammers in disguise. what's also annoying are people who friend-request me and yet they didn't even introduce themselves or did they post any threads.

Yeah, that happen to me too, my daughter call people like friend whores ,they want to see how friends they can get.

I think it would be great if FF would act as the offical ambassador for allsead. That way she can pm anyone who has not posted anything. Its a job that's needs doing and our gal FF is just the one to do it.

I guess my thing is I didn't want to post without reading through and getting to know the rules and I feel like I'm so lost on my own hearing loss who am I to try and post without sounding stupid...haha.

I decided to take the plunge and try to post. Hopefully I learned a few things while lurking.

lots of people research reading alldeaf :P help education! easy, more grow community increase alldeaf

I guess my thing is I didn't want to post without reading through and getting to know the rules and I feel like I'm so lost on my own hearing loss who am I to try and post without sounding stupid...haha.

I decided to take the plunge and try to post. Hopefully I learned a few things while lurking.

I assume you have run across threads that hve people feeling they are the only deaf in the world? It happens a lot. When I lost my hearing as a kid I never saw any deaf. For years and years. Harder for you since you are at an age where you have come to rely on your hearing

I read a lot but don't post a whole lot. I'm hearing so I kinda stay out of the way. I'm LGBT so I know how annoying it can be when people who aren't from the same background jump in and dominate the conversation at gay clubs or forums, so I try not to do that here on AllDeaf.

I know that many people on AllDeaf are very welcoming to hearing people but that doesn't mean that my opinions as a hearing person are relevant to every single discussion, you know?

Back