Why is it so important to get marry and procreate?

PatEdwards

Reaction score
Man. I just left from my momma's home...
I was like "YAY, no more doing dishes, taking out garbage, and dusting for momma, I'm free"

Then I came to college.... and less than a year... a man already
come to my life... "Work hard for me"
I was like "WTF!"

I just got here.... I'm FREEE!!!!

I can explore and go do aventure...

Not....

go from Momma's Home to college from college to somebody housewife...

I ain't staying at home, doing somebody else' dishes...

Noooo no no no....

I don't understand why people have to do that....

especially women have to give up their college to be a wife....

That is what my mom did... she quit college and married my dad... and have 2 kids... still live in a poor house...
My stupid daddy can't hold on to a job...

I don't wanna be like my mom.

So what I did was....

left momma's home
tell men to go away.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
then graduated from colleges
and take cruises at Hawaii and Alaska... went to Paris by myself...
I had FUN!!!!!

Now I am 42 years old... still not married.
I think life is great without have to get married right after high school and immediately have kids... THAT IS SOOO WRONG!!! THAT isn't LIFE at all!!!

I don't understand why women waste so much time being at a nightclub, looking sexy, to try to find a husband...

Ugh.... that is sooo stupid.

I rather have a LIFE!!! go out and have fun!!! Not stay at home with a bunch of kids and listen to nagging unsatisfied husband.

You sorta missed a point.

You don't have to ban a marriage and having kids and family to have all that fun,
doing what you want.

You just have to be smart about it, plan it well, share the responsibilities with your partner is all.

Who is to say men can't stay home and do all that women used to do?
they most certainly can, they even can feed babies the breast milk! - via bottles! mothers express their milk and fathers feed it to babies!
sure they can!

Bottle_Feeding_Baby.jpg

You just have to be smart and find the RIGHT PARTNER.

Fuzzy

I don't understand why women waste so much time being at a nightclub, looking sexy, to try to find a husband...

Animal instinct. Security. Peer pressure.

Take your pick.

Watch National Geographic more often, and you will notice that the female animals choose their partners based on how strong they are. Survival of the Fittest.

I don't know about night clubs. Deaf cats, deaf ferrets and deaf rabbits are all barred from entering. I wonder if they're trouble makers.

Nothing wrong with a desire to be a "free bird"....There are many people that get married for all the wrong reasons, have children, get a divorse...and the cycle repeats and repeats.....

Knowing yourself, what you really want in Life, whether it's a career or getting married is a good thing....

Perhaps as you get older...you might desire some companionship but not marriage....I've been told countless times..."You're not married??!!....can't understand why somebody has not picked you up yet!"....I just ignore those clods who actually would not understand.....I was married, and divorsed...and never want to go there again.....And some people are better off by themselves...having friends or a live-in roommate/lover....

So whatever floats ur boat....and makes you happy.

Nothing wrong with a desire to be a "free bird"....There are many people that get married for all the wrong reasons, have children, get a divorse...and the cycle repeats and repeats.....

Knowing yourself, what you really want in Life, whether it's a career or getting married is a good thing....

Perhaps as you get older...you might desire some companionship but not marriage....I've been told countless times..."You're not married??!!....can't understand why somebody has not picked you up yet!"....I just ignore those clods who actually would not understand.....I was married, and divorsed...and never want to go there again.....And some people are better off by themselves...having friends or a live-in roommate/lover....

So whatever floats ur boat....and makes you happy.

Also, her being over 42 now, the door might now be closing........

Just because you don't care for the housewife lifestyle doesn't mean it's bad for others. I'm a software developer and I know that some people would hate the idea of sitting in front of a computer all day but I'm happy with it.

Have you at least asked some housewives what they think of their lives?

Also, her being over 42 now, the door might now be closing........

Not necessarily, Tousi...all depends upon attitude....even finding Love and a changed way of thinking....Many people get married much later these days....Just as I encourage my boys, to wait at least until they are 30.

it's all depends on what was trained in your brain over the years. Apparently yours got wired to hate stay at home and don't like raising kids with love.

You already stated you hated your parents the way they raised you and you were determined not to repeat that cycle. However you just got lucky so far since you havent procreated by accident. If you did - it could go either way and you wouldnt be making this post.

You don't have to ban a marriage and having kids and family to have all that fun,
doing what you want.

You just have to be smart about it, plan it well, share the responsibilities with your partner is all.

they most certainly can, they even can feed babies the breast milk! - via bottles! mothers express their milk and fathers feed it to babies!
sure they can!

Bottle_Feeding_Baby.jpg

Fuzzy

Super cute picture. I can't wait to be in that man's position right there. :o

If you have Turner Syndrome, you aren't really able to have children anyway, and are sort of in limbo as to your chromosomes.

It isn't surprising that someone with that disorder can't see the appeal of marriage and children.

I raised my daughter since she was 3 now going on 20, a beautiful woman she turned out to be.
Now I am a stay at home dad since 2010 when my son was born, due to my injuries I cannot work and bring home the bacon so now I care for my son and keep the house.

Attachments

• cell2 002.jpg
    cell2 002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 20
To the original OP--
I have met very few people (unless they are 60+) who got married after high school or were raised to believe this is the ideal situation. Most women(and men) I know are expected to at least finish college and get started on their career before they get married. I do have a few friends who did get married right after college (I'm referring to the late twenty something's-30's group) and have careers,and kids and are very happy. I also have a friend who is a stay at home Mom who started having kids right after college and is extremely happy.

Not all women go to nightclubs to pick up men lol just like not all men go there to take someone home :) If you don't like them, you must not go. So how do you know what they are doing?

Your thinking is really, really old school regarding married women, single women etc

It definitely is not the norm for anyone I've met under 65 from my experience.

Doesn't matter. Treat people well, figure out what you want in life and quit slamming other women's choices

Last edited:

doing what you want.

sure they can!

Bottle_Feeding_Baby.jpg

Fuzzy

I disagree, she did not miss any point. She lived the life she wanted and I think any woman that can make it on their own is a strong and independent
person. There is no set rules that women or men have to get married and have a family . The OP is smart , she is happy with her life !

how about this, (will shock you abit)
if i dont find work after the thesis as a researcher, id want to marry and be a house husband.
...and if lucky to find a younger lass (than me, and young enough to get bumped), make babies! id love to be a father, whats the hells wrong with that??!

Not necessarily, Tousi...all depends upon attitude....even finding Love and a changed way of thinking....Many people get married much later these days....Just as I encourage my boys, to wait at least until they are 30.

I agree; I was meaning the physical side....procreation.

I'm just wondering if you at least clean up after yourself, you seem very hung up on housework. That has to be done whether you're single or married or married with children.

I'm just wondering if you at least clean up after yourself, you seem very hung up on housework. That has to be done whether you're single or married or married with children.

:lol:
doubt you'd find any shaving means/appartuses anywhere
:giggle:

:giggle:...That old TV show..."Married....with Children".....:giggle:..one of my favorites...What was the redhead's name?...And Ed was one funny character!

And my oldest son had a girlfriend that did absolutely "nothing"....the apartment was always so dirty and smelly!..And it really confused me, as my son always had clean clothes to wear, home cooked food, etc. ....But I never said anything about it...kept my mouth zipped...and sure enuf', he got tired of it rather quickly!....Now that he's dating someone else, and her apartment is clean...he feels so much better, and of course looks better.

Back