Why don't we post new pictures of our CI?

I love it! My hubby is going to get the picture size reduced. He does not want for me to play around with the computer I might "mess it up".

LOL! Do you use Flickr or photobucket to upload your pictures? If so, there is an option for you to upload a smaller picture size. I'm not sure how computer savvy you are, but it's easier to post from a website that is that size.

Drew's Dad - I'm always curious, why does he wear the cute little helmet thing? Is it to prevent him from yanking the coil off? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I see a few implanted children pictures, and none of them had your Space Spiff (Calvin and Hobbes joke) helmet.

When Drew is 18, he's probably going to find pictures of his tushies and say, "DAAAAAAD!!!" :) Very cute.

LOL! Do you use Flickr or photobucket to upload your pictures? If so, there is an option for you to upload a smaller picture size. I'm not sure how computer savvy you are, but it's easier to post from a website that is that size.

Drew's Dad - I'm always curious, why does he wear the cute little helmet thing? Is it to prevent him from yanking the coil off? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I see a few implanted children pictures, and none of them had your Space Spiff (Calvin and Hobbes joke) helmet.

When Drew is 18, he's probably going to find pictures of his tushies and say, "DAAAAAAD!!!" :) Very cute.

I am somewhat computer savvy, but this is my hubby's baby. He just told me to upload it on my ibook. I will be nice and let him fix it since I am not sure what programs he has on this(I use my school laptop most of the time).

Just wait Drew's Dad, Drew is going to be so embrassed with the tushie pictures. LOL. He is a cutie. LadySekhmet you have to visit Drew's blog, you will see why he wears the Space Spiff(love it).

Yes, since he was so young for his surgery and activation, we needed something to prevent the coils from constantly coming off. First, he would yank everything off just as babies do generally. Second, even if he was not pulling them off since he did not walk then he would roll around on the floor and they would get knocked off. The hats helped a great deal. He does not wear them much anymore because he does not try to pull them off and doesnt roll on the floor much, but back then they were incredibly helpful.

Yes, since he was so young for his surgery and activation, we needed something to prevent the coils from constantly coming off. First, he would yank everything off just as babies do generally. Second, even if he was not pulling them off since he did not walk then he would roll around on the floor and they would get knocked off. The hats helped a great deal. He does not wear them much anymore because he does not try to pull them off and doesnt roll on the floor much, but back then they were incredibly helpful.

Do they work with hearing aids? I wonder if it would assist in young children with hearing aids?

Here is a picture of Drew's backup CI carrier.

IMG00036.jpg

WOW Drew is so cute. I spent 2 weeks at a cochlear implant training and I saw so many cute toddlers with implants.

I was searching for this kind of thread yesterday - I am surprised there isn't tons of photos posted already!!

I'd love to see more pics posted here..... I haven't seen many close up photos of these, nor do I know anybody who has a CI at all..... aside fom a few people I spoke to briefly at the hospital when I got my assessment..... but I didn't exactly ask if I could exampine their heads... lol

More pics!! Please!

I was searching for this kind of thread yesterday - I am surprised there isn't tons of photos posted already!!

I'd love to see more pics posted here..... I haven't seen many close up photos of these, nor do I know anybody who has a CI at all..... aside fom a few people I spoke to briefly at the hospital when I got my assessment..... but I didn't exactly ask if I could exampine their heads... lol

More pics!! Please!

Go to my Blog...there's more pictures there, also you should check out the blog list on my blog, and there's quite a few pictures on various blogs. It's difficult to get a close up because it's not 3D, so it's slightly different.

If you live nearby me, I surely would allow you to cop a feel. :giggle:

I doubt it because of the microphone. It would give too much feedback if it's covered.

There are these caps that parents can buy that would be good for hearing aides. I think they are called Christan Hans. They are suppose to be avilable on the internet. Another thing that I learned awhile being away for 2 weeks. I am so glad to be at home now.

Do they work with hearing aids? I wonder if it would assist in young children with hearing aids?

My mother used to tie fishing string around my tonehook and attach it to a safety pin. That way my mom didn't have to worry about us kids losing it. lol.

sorry all dont have any pics of me with my CI as of yet, but when I do get some I will be sure to post them here.

Back