why does this happen

Handsome_Smiley

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right spot. If I posted this in the wrong one, please move it in the right place.

I know I am a good person and everything. But how come I get strange women IMing me on aol asking who I am and everything. Soon as I tell them that I am happily married with kids, they stop talking? I know I have posted that I am deaf through marriage(to me means that I am married). I also put on my profile that I am married with 2 kids.

How come I get those crazy women that can't read before they IM me? How come people that just want to met new friends just can't IM me?

I know a lot of guys aren't like this, i'm just giving you my opinion on those women :)

Well, Some women want unavailable men, Think a guy likes a little on the side.. (affairs), or they like dating married men...

If I were you, I'd just say "I'm married, Sorry. Good luck."

And some women... Just don't look at your profile.. they just see your name and think you're single and want to mingle. It happens to women too.. we get men IM'ing us even if we post that we're taken...

I know a lot of guys aren't like this, i'm just giving you my opinion on those women :)

Well, Some women want unavailable men, Think a guy likes a little on the side.. (affairs), or they like dating married men...

If I were you, I'd just say "I'm married, Sorry. Good luck."

And some women... Just don't look at your profile.. they just see your name and think you're single and want to mingle. It happens to women too.. we get men IM'ing us even if we post that we're taken...

I agree. I get the same too from BOTH! Lol

Also they probably see your pics and just thought u are handsome. I am gonna be honest here, these pics on AD of u do u justice. LOL

There are more than a thousands or million of people viewing this forum everyday ( I think LOL ), if you noticed that you have your aims/msn/yahoo sn under your AD screen name where your avatar image is located at, and you also have a photo of yourself in your avatar as well too, some lurkers will look at one of your post and then seeing your photo and your private aims/msn/yahoo screenname and they can IM you and ask you questions, assuming that you may be single, remember it could be anyone really not just those who are members here in Alldeaf, it happened to me before many times when some stranger IM me asking me if I was single, or talking dirty etc :roll: and when I asked them where they got my aims sn from, they told me in Alldeaf, so I knew right then, anyone could IM me not just the members here in Alldeaf....

IF you don't want women IM you and asking you questions, it would be best to remove your aims/msn/yahoo ID from the public view and keep it private where those who want to chat with you, may ask you in PM instead :) hope this helps...

I Get It!

After reading a little of your biography, I understood the "Deaf by marriage" comment. But if I just read that, it would seem that you became deaf through marriage or something. I guess it's as hard to explain as it is to understand! Hahaha! But I understand how it gets confusing. Maybe just change it to something else or something? Some people aren't smart enough to decipher it! :giggle:

After reading a little of your biography, I understood the "Deaf by marriage" comment. But if I just read that, it would seem that you became deaf through marriage or something. I guess it's as hard to explain as it is to understand! Hahaha! But I understand how it gets confusing. Maybe just change it to something else or something? Some people aren't smart enough to decipher it! :giggle:

Good point!

I have taken off my screen names but the deaf by marriage, they will have to pm me or read my profile.

Now, I do tell them that I am happily married and have kids and they stop talking to me or continue with a scam. Had 1 going for about a month as she told me her grandma dies and then her mom died within a week and needed to cash a check. She also told me she was lonely and everything. After she told me about her mother, I stopped talking and she continued IM'ing me for about a week.

^^ Is it possible that the person whom you speak of, the one that continues to IM you constantly is plotting and working out a scam with you?

Other than that, I really haven't seen too many strange or crazy ladies...did you get yourself connected to some odd hotline, place, etc., where they frequent??? :lol: (ofc, j/k)

~RR

^^ Is it possible that the person whom you speak of, the one that continues to IM you constantly is plotting and working out a scam with you?

Other than that, I really haven't seen too many strange or crazy ladies...did you get yourself connected to some odd hotline, place, etc., where they frequent??? :lol: (ofc, j/k)

~RR

That is the reason why I stopped talking to her. She has not IM'ed me for about a month now.

Handsome its obiviously it is a scam.. i have gotten emails telling me that someone in family died and need to cash check and can i do it for that person? i am not that stupid to cash the check knowing it is just a scam.. so dont fall for that.. ok?

ignore them.. ok.. :) and forwarded the pm to the admin or one of the moderators.. or clicked it as spam in email if u gotten them thru the emails, ok.. then DELETE.. good bye to scam email.. :D

Same here, Mostly Men IMed me, that I do not know them......I kept telling them that I'm taken and not going to keep chatting and I clicked " ignore or delete" that person .....that's it!

I'm getting frustrated that those strangers finding me from VP Directory and IM Me for dating or scam(look for money) and fakers, I'm getting tired of it....:(

Also, I got few deafies who are from out of state who imed me about me sending money for them to fly down to the states, I said no, I cannot help and no thanks.....I guess they're looking for taking advantages from americans.....:-\

Any suggestions?

Same here, Mostly Men IMed me, that I do not know them......I kept telling them that I'm taken and not going to keep chatting and I clicked " ignore or delete" that person .....that's it!

I'm getting frustrated that those strangers finding me from VP Directory and IM Me for dating or scam(look for money) and fakers, I'm getting tired of it....:(

Also, I got few deafies who are from out of state who imed me about me sending money for them to fly down to the states, I said no, I cannot help and no thanks.....I guess they're looking for taking advantages from americans.....:-\

Any suggestions?

Just keep blocking them or remove your name from the directories. I have the same problem with some deaf people imming me saying they want to be my friend. Sorry..I am the wrong person cuz I dont develop online friendships from the get go. I am lousy at making small talk. :giggle:

Good luck!

Ha, welcome to the club, man! I am married too and I get women still wanting to get in touch with me. That upsets my wife. I tell her I have not contacted them. Just out of blue sky, they email me every blue moon. All I have to do is to click delete. For AIM, I set it to only listed those I trust and closed off to public. For YIM, I only list those I trust but always unavailable. However, they keep sending me messages that they want to join my list. I click the delete box. That's all.

Hey, we even have myspace page for our FALSO CREATIVITY website. The women still contact every once a month. Those listed on our myspace site are our family members and business friends that I have known them.

All I have to do is delete. I noticed your screenname does sound suggestive to women that you are available. NO OFFENSE! The wording, "Handsome does sound like you are available. I was single too long till last Summer (got married August 2006) to know words well enough such as "Handsome, beautiful, 4u, seek4marriage, bachelor, bachelorlette, single, swm, and swf" are words easily for singles seeking for someone.

Deaf by Marriage sounds as if it a catchphrase or something. I am trying to be open mind and as a former Bachelor to understand it. That is why you get the ladies more often I do. To be honest with you, my old screenname in AOL before I found my wife, it was called, "MrCNYBachelor" That was so easy to get women's attention in chatrooms and websites. I no longer have them.

Maybe it is a good idea you should have a photograph of your lovely wife, children if any, and yourself in a photograph instead of just you then the ladies will see you are spoken for. Like I have my wedding picture of me and my wife in front of wedding cake.

Funny, I found my wife offline and has nothing to do with internet! YAY!! PFFFFT to the net dating method! Woooo! Haha

Got a good idea.

Any suggestions?
While I understand how you feel, I know how those scammers, spammers, and desperate men are. I had those Nigerian "women" emailing me for pretty much of this decade and the Filippinas as well. I also had many so called business scams. Or even job offers. I delete them. For those "singles", I just posted and I will say this again, change the wording or add, "Spoken for." or "Taken."

Now a change of subject, you are a fan of Betty Boop. I think she is a cutest comic character. Well, funny thing is that sometimes cartoon or comic book characters have looks similar to someone real. About 7 years ago, wow, time flies. Anyway, 7 years ago, I went shopping for a Christmas gift and then brought up to cash register, there was this girl who looked too much like Betty Boop. Right down to her hair style. She was NOT dressed as her for Holloween at all. It was CHRISTMAS season! Interesting huh?

That the whole reason why I stay away from ppl like that. Also, those emails that they need my help, I send them some junk mail back to them.

:hmm: Maybe yor wife is secretly doing this to see if you'll take the bait? Hey, it's possible.

I do have to agree with the others that your pic is a sure getter for women. Maybe you should put an old fart there and see what happens.:giggle:

Anyway...good luck:fingersx:

after reading this thread..

*went to edit profile*
*put my AIM on*
bring it on! i enjoy getting IM from strangers :D

Back