why do kids like to....

TTT

Reaction score
Today is Christmas at Guam, and my Nephew
opened up all his presents... He woke up at 10 am, that was late...
I mean, I guess he isn't exciting about Christmas.

My mom bought him clothes, Shark Tales, and other stuff.
Santa brought him scooter, helmit, and everything else.
And I bought him a magic kit and keyboard...

All the expensive gifts, over $25.
But my nephew was happy, hopping around, thrill over, and playing
with $15 dollars SpongeBob playstation game.

Nooo, he didn't play the $50 Sharktale playstation game....
but he rather played SpongeBob....

What is up with that? Value and expense not matter to kids???

I don't know much about kids, but I am asking to parents here who do.

I know that LOVE is more important than gifts.... but... anyway,
one day, when he grows up, maybe he'll understand money.

Well I guess now I will buy him a least expensive gift, but I
don't want other kids to have better toys than he does.

:type:

Lol.
You are lucky. I have seen children play all day with the the BOXES the toys came in!
Don't worry, though, he will get around to the toys.
Have a joyful Christmas with him.

TTT
You better ask your nephew what are your favorite toys or games. When X-mas or B-day come up, you will know what to do and buy what he love mostly like SpongeBob toys.
I did studied on my Kids to see what they like to play mostly. Like my son love Bob the Builder or Hot Wheel Car collection. My daughter love Barbie and Zapf Baby doll. Next time i know what they wanted and will play with it. :)
Mommyof3

It depends how old is your nephew, Because my 9 years old is sure picky on games for his playstation, XBox Game boy sp., Cube or Game boy Advance. Better asking your nephew what he likes, then you'll know what to get him.;)

He is 8 years old.

Yeah he did play boxes. One time he played with my mom's expensive watch, and threw them downstairs. Yeah he broke it and my mom didn't yell or get angry....
She was about to cry.

I will, I will ask him next time. :nono:

Kids don't pay attention to value of presents like we do. Just because it cost more than the other doesn't mean kids value it more.

I never know what my girls would zero onto upon opening all gifts. My youngest Caroline went nuts over her little bubblegum machine, ignoring her much more fancy gifts.

Meg said:
Kids don't pay attention to value of presents like we do. Just because it cost more than the other doesn't mean kids value it more.

I never know what my girls would zero onto upon opening all gifts. My youngest Caroline went nuts over her little bubblegum machine, ignoring her much more fancy gifts.

meggie is right.. most kids (i assume) dont care about the value of things (they dont understand the value of things until they are like in their teens or so) .. i noticed that most kids care about their favorite presents or what is very popular on the market!! i didnt have trouble getting my best friend's kids gifts.. they always loved what i gave them cuz i was always very creative or gave them what i knew they would love..

Back