Why American System is Flawed & Disllusional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonsil

Reaction score
Hi,
We've been seeing a lot of so-called "bail-outs" and "financial loans" to big corporations and such. Many of us are dischanted by the degree our government is taking in order to counter oppressive repression which, perhaps, we may call, "Great Depression of our Time."
I mean, why not? Our financial institutions are shaken into bits and bites and foreign governments are ever at fright by OUR problems because credit crisis been spreading ever since that September Crash* of 2008--the month where Obama took significant lead in his campaign & marched on thereforth. Not only that, our auto industry, backbone of American Industrial Might, is DYING--ready to check in & out.

But then again, the government...should have seen this coming. I've seen it. I think many of you have seen it. Its the AMERICAN PROSPERITY OF 1990s. Thanks to our ever-in-need desire for new cars, new tvs, new computers, new ...just about anything, we've been spending ourselves to death. With more and more people losing jobs, it is not going to help overcoming credit debt crisis to come. As recession hits, defaults per capita will inevitablly go up and eventually, so will numbers of foreclosures.
Its tragedy and rightfully so. But why?

1) There are those who argue its people's fault. They have been spending beyond their means. It was the consumer's thirst for new products & desire for better of things without careful consideration to financial planning that has brought this calamity of 21th century.

2)On the other hand, as I argue, its the American System that's at fault.
First, credit card has become...some sort of a hypnotic mechanism to BOOST American market. Its so EASY to obtain credit card then SPEND it. The interest rate has been VERY low which, in return, encouraged consumer spending. Of course, these money just came out of "thin air." Second, Bush & his cloony's been pushing for this. They wanted consumer to spend. In fact, to illustrate this point, Bush has come out & asked Americans after 9.11 to, "go out and spend. Enjoy your holidays" and such.

Also, what's with this, "OUR CREDIT IS FROZEN" thing?
Today, I've been reading a brochure from bestbuy. And I am reading, "YOUR ELIGIBLE FOR FINANCING! NO INTEREST 12 MONTH!" Wow...I thought..what a crack pot. Credit, in THIS economy? L.O.L.
AND ITS NOT JUST BESTBUY! ITS EVERYWHERE! AUTO INDUSTRY, DELL, ETC....everything...everything is now turning into CREDIT.
MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR! (plus, why do you think banks love credit? THEY KNOW YOU CAN'T PAY BACK! SO THEY CAN CHARGE YOU MORE INTEREST! HA!)

I will be frank. I don't know. People greed...and I think everyone should understand that. Basic human need...is greed. In the earliest of time, as illustrated in the bible, Cain greed for God's love for his brother--Abel. And he killed him for it. So, what can man N O T do? They will do anything...to get their greed. Its our natural instinct, if not basic genetic make-up.
Therefore, only thing I can say is...our market is flawed, its not compatible with our natural instinct...in fact, it feeds on it. Soon, the market will eat us all and its doing that right now.

Actually I'm starting to wonder if capitialism is actually working........

that's the thing. America is a secular country. because of that - despite of greed, we advanced far faster than others - technologically and socially. As long as you wrap religion on anything, there's no growth, only chasm and death. yes we make grave mistake now and then... and we get better from it.

I'm confused. How did you find religion in the OP, Jiro?

Thanks for the post, Yonsil. Hope you feel better. :lol:
I agree that many people have seen this coming for a long time, and I agree that our whole financial structure is built on lies and deceit. However, I am not overly worried about it, since I have worst-case scenario plans ready. :P

Well, I try to illustrate our human flaws through bible...and how this so-called progressive sentiment is creating this illusion for better world. hope is not wrong, its just to illusion that we are GOOD that's wrong.

I will be frank. I don't know. People greed...and I think everyone should understand that. Basic human need...is greed. In the earliest of time, as illustrated in the bible, Cain greed for God's love for his brother--Abel. And he killed him for it. So, what can man N O T do? They will do anything...to get their greed. Its our natural instinct, if not basic genetic make-up.

The bible also says that the love of money is the root of all evils. I find that quite true. We all need to learn to live within our means. Better yet, put some money aside for the rainy days. I have read of how famous people went thru money so fast that they are in debt. (Barry Manilow for example)

I think I can see why the Buddhism teaches one to not to be so attached to material goods.

Well, I try to illustrate our human flaws through bible...and how this so-called progressive sentiment is creating this illusion for better world. hope is not wrong, its just to illusion that we are GOOD that's wrong.

if that's the case... then what's up with these evangelists and Church having tons of gold and money? :hmm:

Last edited:
if that's the case... then what's up with these evangelists and Church having tons of gold and money? :hmm:

Their love for money grew stronger and their love for God got weak. That's why I have low opinions of those that are on tv and etc.

Last edited:
yup american system is like driving a wrong way on the wrong road!

yea just like i say.. same thing.. they are not working together.. all they do is " me me me""...

Mod's Note:

Thread's closed due to Religion discussion which is not allowed to be discussed anywhere in AllDeaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back