Whos afraid to fly?

dude, from my experience of flying- it should be the other way around
those big 747s have less turblence in the air vs those smaller planes....

i think its much better if ones first time was on a 747 than a smaller plane

Er, yeah....

For me, the bigger; the better.

I wouldn't fly on a real small plane. :ugh3:

i love flying. i am not afraid to fly, when i was 4 years old to Lanzarote (island Spain), many flying until now.

I wouldn't mind flying my own small plane. But, i don't have a plane or a liscense to fly. lol. I fly a few times a year for the past 10 years. I have a habit of watching others reactions to how a takeoff and landing occur. lol... sometimes funny reactions.

I am not afraid of flying. I love flying. I have been on planes large and small many times. My parents use to own a light plane long times ago and they use to let me steer it up in the air and on land except during landing and take off.

I don't have any problems flying or on a boat or on a train. I enjoy them all.

men and women can fly they just use their private parts women have wings and men have an helicopter simple as that

Oceanbreeze said
For me, the bigger; the better.
My ex-girlfriend kept saying the same thing.

I was in a small plane (2-seater) crash in 1992. Got both legs broken.

Still, I am not one bit afraid of flying.

I am not afraid of flying. But I am afraid of crashing.

Things that people actually asked me:
Q. "How high were you when you crashed?"
A. Not high at all. We didn't crash until we hit the ground.

Q. "Did it hurt ?"
A. My voice hurt for days from the screaming

Q. "Did you get rescued ?"
A. No, I am not here now. I am still laying out in that field waiting.

Q. "you were in a plane crash? really ? what happened?"
A. we crashed.

Q. "who was flying?"
A. No one. If someone was flying, we would have landed safely. (Think about this, if the plane was flying we would not have crashed. The moment before we hit the ground, we were no longer flying, we were falling.)

Q. "Did you go to the hospital ?"
A. No, I put the titanium in my leg all by myself and I use these crutches just to attract girls.

Q. "What kind of plane was it ?"
A. Apparently it was not a very good one.

Q. "Did the pilot have insurance ?"
A. No. So it is a dang good thing that I did.

I do not hesitate to get on airplanes these days. As long as they are big and have a big name painted on them with lots of insurance. But I do wonder.... in the 80's when I first started traveling by airplane, us passengers would have 4 or 5 drinks on the airplane. Now, it is tough to get the stewardess to serve me a second one. I guess they don't have enough to serve me after the pilots get their drinks.
And I learned the hard way. Do not have 8 or 9 beers in the airport lounge before your flight. I learned that once the plane leaves the 'gate' and it sits on the taxiway for 45 minutes, they will not let you get up to go to the bathroom. Do you know that when pee backs up into your eyeballs that you can smell it?
And you wonder why the seats are too skinny? I went to a chili cook-off on my way to the airport. It was excellent. I ate 7 bowls of chili. It was spicy and really tastey. I washed it down with 4 beers. ( I am 375 pounds, that's just a snack to me.) When we landed, I squirmed out of the seat. Now that those metal arms in the seat were not squishing my butt shut, 2 hours and 45 minutes of beer-fermented-chili-gas began escaping. :fart: A baby 6 rows ahead of me started crying because of the noise. The stewardess called the pilot to alert the hazordous waste truck. About the time I felt my self smiling with relief, I saw the lady next to me break 3 fingernails trying to open that drop-down oxygen mask. I immediately blamed the gas on the man sitting in front of me, I even insisted he forcefully shut his hole until he got of the plane. As my intestinal pressure was dropping, so was the frequency of my cheek-flapping. It dropped to one of those low frequencies that you feel more than you hear it. Then back up to a note that really reverberated in the plane and I could feel in my chest. I now started to loudly insult that man's diet and his mother and handed him the barf-bag from my seat. I strained and stopped the flow and demanded that this man apologize to everyone on the plane. He sat there dumbfounded with his mouth open. Before he could think of something to say I let the rest of the gas go with a crescendo that would make any maestro proud!
I smiled to myself all the way off of that plane and up the walkway knowing that all those people gagging and coughing in the plane would forever blame that poor innocent soul... until I noticed that I left a trail of brown right-foot-only footprints in the aisle.

I can never fly Pan-Am again.

I'm not afriad to fly..Its rather fun really. When your on a long flight it can be very relaxing to. Love to look out the window & look down below & see everything look so small. I haven't been on airplane since March 2000 though. I'd do it again someday:)

I am not afraid of flying. Just hate when it hit a nasty turnblance(sp) it freaks me out big time espically through a storm

Oceanbreeze said
My ex-girlfriend kept saying the same thing.

I was in a small plane (2-seater) crash in 1992. Got both legs broken.

Still, I am not one bit afraid of flying.

I am not afraid of flying. But I am afraid of crashing.

Things that people actually asked me:
Q. "How high were you when you crashed?"
A. Not high at all. We didn't crash until we hit the ground.

Q. "Did it hurt ?"
A. My voice hurt for days from the screaming

Q. "Did you get rescued ?"
A. No, I am not here now. I am still laying out in that field waiting.

Q. "you were in a plane crash? really ? what happened?"
A. we crashed.

Q. "who was flying?"
A. No one. If someone was flying, we would have landed safely. (Think about this, if the plane was flying we would not have crashed. The moment before we hit the ground, we were no longer flying, we were falling.)

Q. "Did you go to the hospital ?"
A. No, I put the titanium in my leg all by myself and I use these crutches just to attract girls.

Q. "What kind of plane was it ?"
A. Apparently it was not a very good one.

Q. "Did the pilot have insurance ?"
A. No. So it is a dang good thing that I did.

I do not hesitate to get on airplanes these days. As long as they are big and have a big name painted on them with lots of insurance. But I do wonder.... in the 80's when I first started traveling by airplane, us passengers would have 4 or 5 drinks on the airplane. Now, it is tough to get the stewardess to serve me a second one. I guess they don't have enough to serve me after the pilots get their drinks.
And I learned the hard way. Do not have 8 or 9 beers in the airport lounge before your flight. I learned that once the plane leaves the 'gate' and it sits on the taxiway for 45 minutes, they will not let you get up to go to the bathroom. Do you know that when pee backs up into your eyeballs that you can smell it?
And you wonder why the seats are too skinny? I went to a chili cook-off on my way to the airport. It was excellent. I ate 7 bowls of chili. It was spicy and really tastey. I washed it down with 4 beers. ( I am 375 pounds, that's just a snack to me.) When we landed, I squirmed out of the seat. Now that those metal arms in the seat were not squishing my butt shut, 2 hours and 45 minutes of beer-fermented-chili-gas began escaping. :fart: A baby 6 rows ahead of me started crying because of the noise. The stewardess called the pilot to alert the hazordous waste truck. About the time I felt my self smiling with relief, I saw the lady next to me break 3 fingernails trying to open that drop-down oxygen mask. I immediately blamed the gas on the man sitting in front of me, I even insisted he forcefully shut his hole until he got of the plane. As my intestinal pressure was dropping, so was the frequency of my cheek-flapping. It dropped to one of those low frequencies that you feel more than you hear it. Then back up to a note that really reverberated in the plane and I could feel in my chest. I now started to loudly insult that man's diet and his mother and handed him the barf-bag from my seat. I strained and stopped the flow and demanded that this man apologize to everyone on the plane. He sat there dumbfounded with his mouth open. Before he could think of something to say I let the rest of the gas go with a crescendo that would make any maestro proud!
I smiled to myself all the way off of that plane and up the walkway knowing that all those people gagging and coughing in the plane would forever blame that poor innocent soul... until I noticed that I left a trail of brown right-foot-only footprints in the aisle.

I can never fly Pan-Am again.
dude that is far the most best and funniest story i ve ever heard!

dude, from my experience of flying- it should be the other way around those big 747s have less turblence in the air vs those smaller planes....

i think its much better if ones first time was on a 747 than a smaller plane

I agree. It's far easier and smoothier riding 747s than it's with the smaller planes.

I'm curious to ride a 777 ... did ride 737s several times.

I rather drive to anywhere within 700 miles but if anywhere farther I fly but no bus and train.

My dad was a retired air force pilot over 22 years and said that he doesn't even trust any pilot flying other than himself. Rather interesting.

I played several times with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on my laptop and loved it. I could even see the differences with smaller and bigger planes.

But it is rather understanding that we all may be little more unsure of flying these days due to terrorism and malfunctions and/or human errors.

But I always pray before flying and it worked so far, amen.

I think that's stupid idea riding in the plane. I'm fucking afraid to fly becuz the flights do not have each passenger seat w/o parachute safety what if it's emergency, I'd rather not to diiiiieeee!!!! How are u going to survive!?!

I think that's stupid idea riding in the plane. I'm fucking afraid to fly becuz the flights do not have each passenger seat w/o parachute safety what if it's emergency, I'd rather not to diiiiieeee!!!! How are u going to survive!?!

driving an car is much more dangerous than flying on an plane

driving an car is much more dangerous than flying on an plane

Only by stats, really ...

I still prefer to drive over flying because I trust me more than risk trusting some pilot - lol.

In the car accidents people do often live and get by than being killed. Don't let stats fool you sometime.

I have been there a few times including riding my motorcycle and no serious injury but few minor injuries. So I prefer that.

Once any plane that malfunctions and hits down, theerefore at far better chance it kills you.

Agree?

I'm not afraid to fly, but I do get nervous sometimes...

I'm always flying, so I supposed I got used to it...but I would say chew bubblegum or have a coke, it really helps...I have had one rather bad landing only, and the aircraft almost turned!! That was damn freaky!!

Well, I think security is annoying, but still sometimes, security doesn't help, people still get away with things!! In Kashmir, India, I went throught 9 security checks!! Can't get worse!!

Kashveera

NAH! I rather fly...more quicker...we don't mind Amtrak but bus NO thank you!

But I just don't like security that's all. All I was patient and get over with it. HA!

I fly every year to Michigan visit my Family in there! I am not afraid to fly! But I hate security Check up! I almost lose my Sidekick once. It scary shit out of me. Because it would be bad if someone stole my sidekick!

Back