Who Loves Huskies????

I love them!!!!!! I always want them but it is expensive.

Awww, Teekie, that's so sad...unfortunately that's the number one problem with Huskies...their love of freedom, naturally overwhelming curiosity in "the unknown" and undying passion to run...well...it oftentimes will lead them astray and they wind up lost. Sooooo many Huskies end up in shelters because of this... They're a tough cookie too, in that they are SOOOO incredibly smart that they can figure out ways to get out of a "normally" fenced yard. LOL...we had to really outsmart Max to keep him in the yard....get this...

We have a 6 foot cedar fence around most of the yard, except for the very back where we have a black, chain link fence (because we wanted to be able to keep our lovely view of the wooded area behind the house). Max was able to flatten himself out and just scoot right under that chain-link fence...not a problem. So...we put big cement blocks in the places where the fence wasn't as tight as it should have been...but he still got out...we have blocks everywhere...but he still got out. FINALLY, my Dad went to Home Depot and got tons of "rebar" stakes and some big, treated 4x8's...he and my nephew-in-law installed the wood around the bottom, reinforcing it with the rebar stakes...and they dug trenches to install the wood, and then fastened the wood to the bottom of the fence on both sides with those really long heavy-duty wood-staples. LOL! Took them darn near 3 days to complete it...hehehe...but Maxie hasn't "escaped" since.

I think he's resigned himself to the fact that we want to "keep him around"...hehehe....

:lol: wow..If i get another husky in the future someday, I'll make sure everything's prepared and "escape-free" before i bring the husky home ;) I wouldn't mind getting one now though, but I have 4 cats here, I doubt they'd be happy with the idea of a dog in the house :P

Heh...yeah...that might be a bit of a "culture shock" to them. LOL! Although my Maxie was wonderful with my kitties before they passed away. It's like he just "knew" they were very old and frail. I took some really sweet pictures of Max with Nicky, the one who died at age 17. He's giving him gentle "kisses" and just looking at him all lovingly...I am so glad I took those photos when I did because Nicky passed away about 3 months later. (sniff)

WildKaTReSS said:
I do! And this is my dream dog and this color kind.. my bro in law has that dog named diego!!! :mrgreen:

siberhus.jpg

MY DAD BEEN RAISIN HUSKIEZ ONE OLDER BOY NAME BO HE IS 13 YRS OLD AND YOUNG GIRL NAME MOOLEY SOON 2 YRS OLD SHE IS PREGGY RIGHT NOW VERY FATTY CANT WAIT SEE NEW PUPPIES COMIN SOON :D

my family had beautiful seb.husky named duchess. I loved her to death but it was NOT good to have her as pet in city or town. she was not happy when she stayed around. so we gave her to our friend who had a big farm in tennessee. she was the happiest in the world. unfortunately someone stole her after two or three years she lived with the farmer. She had the most beautiful blue eyes ever yet she was one of the most stubborn dogs we have had. my parent hated her howling almost every single night.

i love huskies but i rather not have any husky as pet at home. the huskies are perfect for north areas or cold weather. i dont mind to have the husky if i happen to live in 2 or more arces somewhere in colorado. the furs arent fun to clean up everywhere.

when i was in ky where i climbed with friends last year, some rock climbers werent happy that the husky howled loudly. heh. how lucky i am ! :)

my hubby have always wanted one. can't have long hair/shedding dogs because my both sons are allergic..asthma...

just need short haired breed...currently looking into Boston Terrier

Lasza said:
I like that kind of dog. But I heard one negative about that dog breed is ' housebroken '. That mean I need research more about dog characteric

I DID HAD 2 HUSKY DOGS IN DIFFERENT YEARS..FIRST ONE ALWAYS LOVES STAY OUTDOOR IN DOG HOUSE AND CHAIN..HAD TO PUT HIM SLEEP BECN OF ANAL CANCER WAS SPREADING...SURELY BREAKS MY HEART BADLY...THEN SEVERAL YEARS LATER GOT ANOTHER ONE STAYED INDOOR...GOOD ONE YES HOUSEBROKEN NO PROBLEM..VERY GOOD DOG! HAD TO PUT SLEEP AGAIN SAME AS FIRST ONE! THEN AFTER THAT NO MORE BEC BREAKS MY HEART EVEN MORE! BUT LOVES TO LOOK AT..PETTING THEM (WITH BLUE EYES) SO BEAUTIFUL! 1ST DOG NAMED HOBO 2ND DOG NAMED BANDIT! WELL...NOW MY 23 YRS OLD DAUGHTER STILL LIVING WITH ME NOW HAVE YELLOW LAB! I DO LOVE HER DOG...BUT OTHER WAY STUBBORN!
BUT MYSELF, I AM ANIMAL LOVERS ANYWAY...I HAVE 3 CATS AND A DOG!
;)

Defee said:
Yes i like Siberian Huskies..i used to have one a long time ago..it breaks my heart to think about him,....he was kind of messed up in the head..hard to control, was terrified of me and my son but liked my ex husband..then i found out that the lady who breeds and sells these dogs was abusing the dogs!! so i think she ruined him psychologically..i think they are very sensitive dogs so be careful on how you raise them. He was a beautiful dog really... :(

OH NO! POOR THE DOG! I HAD 2 HUSKY DOGS IN DIFFERENT TIMES I HAD TO PUT THEM SLEEP BOTH HAD SAME ANAL CANCER..BREAKS MY HEART SO BADLY 1ST DOG NAMED HOBO HAD HIM FOR 12 YEARS AND 2ND NAMED BANDIT HAD HIM FOR 13 AND HALF YEARS! BOTH HAD BLUE EYES...SO BEAUTIFUL DOGS I ALWAYS LOVES THEM SO MUCH! I SURELY MISSED THGEM ALOT! :tears:

Liebling:-))) said:
I alway want to have Husky as my own pet one day but it´s very expensive. :tears:

They are beautiful.

YEAH IT CAN BE EXPENSIVE BUT LOOK NEWSPAPER UNDER PETS OR DOGS FOR SALE..LOOK DOWN MAKE PHONE CALLS TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH THEY'RE SELLING FOR BUT FOR FEMALES COST MORE THAN MALES! DO NOT BUY FROM PET STORES BECUZ IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE THAN BREEDER FROM HOME! I DID HAD 2 OF THEM AT DIFFERENT TIMES BOTH WITH BLUE EYES! HAD TO PUT SLEEP DUE TO ANAL CANCER..OF COURSE IT BREAKS MY HEART AND CRIED FOR WEEKS! 1ST NAMED HOBO WAS 12 AND 2ND NAMED BANDIT WAS 13 AND HALF...!

Saline Eyes said:
<- Husky lover! Doubt I'll ever own one though, they're notorious for shedding.

YES THAT IS TRUE I HAD 2 HUSKY DOGS IN DIFFERENT TIMES..BROTHER THEY DO SHREDDING ALOT EVERY 6 MONTHS!!

Roadrunner said:
I've dreamed of having a siberian husky for such a long time...they're wonderful pets, very good with children and they can easily get bored...and like Saline Eyes mentioned, they're definitely notorious (well-known) for shedding...might need to think of an invention where the dog can walk by some sort of vacuum device and suck up the loose hair!! (...and at the same time, it would feel like the dog's having a massage...heh heh) :lol: ...MizzDeaf, icy blue eyes?? *chuckles* I tend to think of 'em as magnificent sky blue eyes....I wouldn't mind a dark colored coat but I would prefer the grayish/white coat on a siberian husky.... :cool:

YES I DID HAD 2 HUSKY DOGS AT DIFFERENT TIMES..BOTH WITH BLUE EYES AND BLACK/SILVER HAIR...SO BEAUTIFUL DOG..LOVES TO PLAY AND RUNNING AROUND IN SNOW ALL TIMES...HAD TO PUT SLEEP DUE TO ANAL CANCER. SURELY BREAKS MY HEART BADLY! CRIED FOR WEEKS! NOW NO MORE BEC I DONT WANT GO THRU BREAKING HEART AGAIN! 1ST WAS 12 YRS NAMED HOBO 2ND WAS 13 AND HALF YRS NAMED BANDIT!

R3na3Blyth3 said:
I've always admired the Siberian Husky -- but I prefer Roteweillers or Great Danes. ;)

I DID HAD HUSKY DOGS (2) AT DIFFERENT TIMES AFTER PUTTING THE 2ND HUSKY DOG TO SLEEP (BOTH OF THEM HAD ANAL CANCER) THEN I HAD ROTTWEILER IT WAS GOOD DOG AND VERY FRIENDLY LOVES CAT AND LOVES OTHER DOGS...HARDLY BITE TO OTHERS!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE AS I THOUGHT MY ROTTIE WOULD BE VERY GUARDING DOG BUT HE IS NOT! HUH?? THEN PUT TO SLEEP DUE TO ILLNESS AT 9 AND HALF YEARS! NOW I DONT HAVE DOGS ANYMORE ONLY 3 CATS BUT MY DAUGHTER WHO STILL LIVES WITH ME SHE HAVE YELLOW LAB HERE! HE'S GOOD DOG BUT KINDA STUBBORN! HEE HEE!

Teekie said:
:lol: wow..If i get another husky in the future someday, I'll make sure everything's prepared and "escape-free" before i bring the husky home ;) I wouldn't mind getting one now though, but I have 4 cats here, I doubt they'd be happy with the idea of a dog in the house :P

SAME THING I HAD HUSKY DOG (2) AT DIFFERENT TIMES..FIRST ONE WAS IN DOGHOUSE OUTSIDE WITH LONGEST CHAIN HAD TO PUT SLEEP AT AGE OF 12 BEC OF ANAL CANCER..2ND ONE KEPT IN HOUSE BUT I DO LET HIM OUTSIDE NEVER RUN AWAY ALWAYS STAY AROUND MY HOME EVEN IF I GO OUT HE STAYS OUTSIDE BY MY HOUSE ALL TIMES NO PROBLEM (WEATHER PERMITS)..HAD TO PUT HIM SLEEP SAME REASON, TOO AT AGE OF 13 AND HALF..LOVED THEM BOTH SO MUCH I CREID FOR WEEKS WHEN THEY WERE PUT TO SLEEP!!! 2ND HUSKY LIVED WITH 6 CATS NO PROBLEM...NOW I HAVE 3 CATS AND A YELLOW LAB BELONGS TO MY DAUGHTER! HEE HEE

Back