Who Likes Hummingbirds?

I think the Hummingbirds finally left for the up comming winter.. It has been a week or 2 since I last saw them.

There use to flowers here that humming birds like but I think if I tried planting flowers here now the landscapers would kill them , they mowed down some flowers that were perennial and they never came back . Idiots

I haven't seen one in a few weeks now. It was cool while it lasted. Lots of crazy action with the 6 feeders out. They'll be back In the spring I'm sure. We'll do it all over again. :afro:

The Ruby Throated Hummingbirds that visit my feeder, migrate south. Those of you on the west coast (@Rio) should be able to see Anna's Hummingbird year round.
caly_anna_AllAm_map.gif
arch_colu_AllAm_map.gif

Click link and scroll down for a complete list of hummingbird species found in each state (U.S.). Only Hawaii has no hummingbird species at all. And maybe list the ones you have seen in your state?

I have only seen the Ruby Throated so far here in my Illinois back yard.

http://www.rubythroat.org/checklistsusstatesmain.html

The Ruby Throated Hummingbirds that visit my feeder, migrate south. Those of you on the west coast (@Rio) should be able to see Anna's Hummingbird year round.
caly_anna_AllAm_map.gif
arch_colu_AllAm_map.gif
Thank you for the information :)

Back