Who has used personal audio cable for 24g nucleus c.i.

Mc Gusto

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one.If you have got one or have used one ,whats it like? And how does it compare to listening to music through a sound system ?.Thanks :)

I don't have a CI. I wonder if you plug it in with a wrong wire or device, it would blow your brain. :popcorn:

I like it very much. It is great with a portable CD player or cassette player. Keep in mind, it will block the sounds outside of the player itself.
:)

webexplorer said:
I don't have a CI. I wonder if you plug it in with a wrong wire or device, it would blow your brain. :popcorn:
HaHa!! I'd say a mobile phone plugged in could do more damage than mp3 plyer or walkman !!! :mrgreen:

Mayflower said:
I like it very much. It is great with a portable CD player or cassette player. Keep in mind, it will block the sounds outside of the player itself.
:)
Cool ,i don't care about it blocking out other sounds,all i really care about is my tunes!!! :dj:

Mc Gusto said:
Cool ,i don't care about it blocking out other sounds,all i really care about is my tunes!!! :dj:

On my body processor, I have four different programs. I have two set for different levels of listening for everyday stuff, one for when I go to the movie theater and one for listening to music. My CI audiologist helped me out in fine tuning each program on the processor. Keep in mind, if it doesn't sound right or good enough, have the audiologist work with you. Let them know what is sounding good or bad. They can improve on it. The BTE processor is limited somewhat, since you have only two programs to work with it. Good luck. ;)

Did you receive an audio cable with your 3G? (You should have received two adaptors in your 3G accessory kit -- one for plug in devices; the other for battery powered devices.) If not, ask your audiologist or e-mail Cochlear.

I have the N24C with 3G. When I use the adaptor with my portable CD/MP3 player, music sounds great! (I also use headphones instead of the adaptor from time to time.)

I can't hear the difference in sound between listening to music on a large stereo system versus a portable CD player via the adaptor. I'm newly activated (2 months), and at this time, music sounds the same to me regardless of what it is played on.

Happy hearing! :)

Mayflower: Out of curiousity, what CI do you have? How long have you had your CI? I received the Nucleus 24C with 3G in December and have been activated since January. :)

Hear Again said:
Did you receive an audio cable with your 3G? (You should have received two adaptors in your 3G accessory kit -- one for plug in devices; the other for battery powered devices.) If not, ask your audiologist or e-mail Cochlear.

I have the N24C with 3G. When I use the adaptor with my portable CD/MP3 player, music sounds great! (I also use headphones instead of the adaptor from time to time.)

I can't hear the difference in sound between listening to music on a large stereo system versus a portable CD player via the adaptor. I'm newly activated (2 months), and at this time, music sounds the same to me regardless of what it is played on.

Happy hearing! :)
Nah i didn't get audio cable with my 3g but i got accessory adapter but i'm not sure if it's for battery or plug in.I wonder how much personal audio cable costs?? Good to hear you can enjoy music,for me it has probaly increased my wellbeing more than being able to communicate better.If i couldn't listen to music i would probaly go insane!! Before c.i. it was getting really hard to enjoy music and i had to strain to hear it and i was getting depressed .But now i don't have to strain,it's way off perfect but is pretty good for how long iv'e had c.i. (2.5 months )

Hear Again said:
Mayflower: Out of curiousity, what CI do you have? How long have you had your CI? I received the Nucleus 24C with 3G in December and have been activated since January. :)

I have the Nucleus 24 Contour with the 3G. My CI was activated in April, 2003. As for cables and misc. accessories, I received two of everything. I also got a year supply of batteries for the 3G.

I will be celebrating my 2-year anniversary in a couple of days. :dj:

Mayflower said:
I have the Nucleus 24 Contour with the 3G. My CI was activated in April, 2003. As for cables and misc. accessories, I received two of everything. I also got a year supply of batteries for the 3G.

I will be celebrating my 2-year anniversary in a couple of days. :dj:
A years worth of batteries? Damn i wish i got that !!! :pissed:

Hmmm. I received everything Mayflower did...batteries, cables, accessories... I wonder why you didn't? Where is your CI center located?

Mayflower: Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! :) Are you able to understand speech, use the phone and enjoy music with your CI?

Hear Again said:
Hmmm. I received everything Mayflower did...batteries, cables, accessories... I wonder why you didn't? Where is your CI center located?
My c.i. centre is Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital in Melbourne Australia.The whole c.i. thing is being paid for by the government and is not through private health insurance .

I just loaned a personal audio cable from my c.i. centre.It's so good on an ipod.i'll have to pay $63 dollars for one though.Cool i'll be able to listen to music stealthly at work now!

McGusto: Sorry for taking so long to respond to your post. :( I haven't been on the board as of late and am just catching up with messages. I recently bought a new MP3/CD player and it sounds *great* with the adaptor connected to my 3G! One of these days I also plan to purchase an iPod. I can't wait to find out what that sounds like! :)

i'm wondering does it work on the "freedom" brand? since i'm getting it hooked-up in mid may..

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i'm wondering does it work on the "freedom" brand? since i'm getting it hooked-up in mid may..

DeafSCUBA: Yes, the Freedom processor will allow you to connect an audio cable to it for music listening through an MP3 player or iPod. I've heard alot of exciting things about the Freedom. You'll have to let us know your thoughts once you've had a chance to try it! :)

Back