Which you prefer deaf church with deaf pastor, or interpreter at church?

which you prefer ?

• Interpreter with hearing church

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Deaf church with the deaf pastor

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Deaf sunday school class at hearing church and interpreter at hearing worship services in church

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No interpreter for the deaf at hearing church

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saline Eyes said:
The thing is, nothing that the interpreter is signing is at all confusing. I understand what is being interpreted but I am able to follow the pastor enough to know that there are deeper levels to what's being said and it's not being interpreted. Unfortunately, this pastor's quite animated and likes to pace the aisles so I can't lip read continuously.

Saline Eyes, I know what your'e saying. I had an experience many years ago that didn't sit well with me on a personal level: In this particular situation, the deaf and HoH were at a service separate from the hearing membership and I felt like all I was getting was "milk" and not the "meat" the hearing group was getting......not to mention the complete absence of music.

I know as being deaf or HoH is frustrated to find a church. Now as in deaf church, I used to live in okla, he's deaf himself has a very good pointer of the sermon. Very clear also. Now, as many deaf churches, I ve been hearing by saying deaf church is still in "milk". In many cases, true. And yes, some prefered interpreting service bec music and lead inspirations. There are differences of deaf who their point of view, and I say none are wrong. But, only mistake is this, some deaf satisfied the interpreter the way to interpret, but not understand a thing and claiming they do. Many terp rather for each to understand, bec church isn't a club, but to worship and seeing by eyes to apply your life. Some terp even worse is, what terp sign withouut deaf request of signing. This is the reason many many deaf doesn't grow spiritually and even misunderstood the way we should share, there's so much gossiping and judging instead of confide one another who are in need. Best thing is this, as Heb 10:25 mentioned we should go to church, but that's not the only place to worship, each should worship daily at your place in solitary moments. Some has impossible time to do so, ask the Lord for that, you will be amaze the desire in you will lead the time and place. Read the Bible and also, try to find a devotional book and its awesome to have journal to write so that keep the record whenever future hold, you can look back what God did in your life. See, sad thing is, many many deaf go to church, but no personal solitary moment with the Lord in daily part. Ask the Lord for that, its beautiful. But this is what I learn, the closer I m with the Lord, more challenges is face and harder. Many times I fail and didn't realize bec God is sharpen my faith. In this point, I learn the hard way. But yet, I still thank the Lord for allowing it bec I want to become more like Him. Best is, take a moment with God, as a start take 15 min, but let the Spirit lead and watch His working, you will be amaze. Smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back