Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 20 inch

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 25 Inch

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Big Screen TV

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
I heard a rumor HDTV is going to be the standard during 2006. So, you better save up for a good HDTV and buy it after they get standardized.

Go HDTV!

Deaf258 said:
I heard a rumor HDTV is going to be the standard during 2006. So, you better save up for a good HDTV and buy it after they get standardized.

Go HDTV!
HDTV? Does it look like a flat rectangle television??

Deaf258 said:

Go HDTV!

yes that is true.. HDTV rocks ! your jaws wud be dropping down onto the floors.

what i have is 27" hdtv lcd, 37" regular tv, 27" flat screen tv and a DIY projector that goes up to 130" screen. DIY projector is fun to build ! it runs like CRT projector but it is much cheaper than CRT projector but it is little big box yet it is worth to have it because for instance CRT projector's bulb would eat ur money up like 300 to 600 bucks ! i spend about 500 bucks on the project so i build DIY projector. DIY projector's bulb costs 40 bucks and that bulb can outlive CRT projector's bulb by ~12-14 times longer and you can find it at home depot or other store.

i prefer 27 in since my living room is so small.. if i ever move to a bigger home, i'd like to have a widescreen 35in.. but i've got 4 t.v.s here ranging from 13 to 27in..

ravensteve1961 said:
If You get a projection TV its like watching a movie in a theater.

if you mean a rear projection tv, then no thanks ! :)

i prefer plasma, television or projector.

FCC just postponed to 2009 BTW, here is little serect that many not even realize this. HDTV is not compatible with CC!!! Only in Analog format, so to get future TV, go for EDTV because the extended Defination TV have more ability than HDTV and can deliver better quality CC!
Just learn this from friend of mine who is into electronic business.

Deaf258 said:

Go HDTV!

HDTV comes in standard size and wide screen (Rectangle). I have friend who have HDTV in standard screen. I told him to get wide screen, he refused. Oh well.

Katzie said:
HDTV? Does it look like a flat rectangle television??

I got 27" tv in my room, and my father got 52" (forgot how long :eek2: ) in the living room.

diehardbiker65 said:
FCC just postponed to 2009 BTW, here is little serect that many not even realize this. HDTV is not compatible with CC!!! Only in Analog format, so to get future TV, go for EDTV because the extended Defination TV have more ability than HDTV and can deliver better quality CC!
Just learn this from friend of mine who is into electronic business.

i am not sure about that because i have DTV(HDTV LCD) that has formatted 708 decoder. FCC rules that all DTVs must have built in format 708 CC decoders. they are not analog. I did research on FCC stuffs and CC stuffs while ago since i got HDTV with Comcast's HDTV DVR. old analog CC is called format 608.

Zenith was first to provide its own DTV with digital CC Capablity in 2002.

Its true..If You sit Real close 100 inch screen will make you blind sit at least 25 feet away from screen and youll be ok?

ravensteve1961 said:
Its true..If You sit Real close 100 inch screen will make you blind sit at least 25 feet away from screen and youll be ok?
Very well done sherlock. Of course sitting to close to the TV can be harmful, but you have to sit really really close. Having a 50 or 60 or 100" screen TV that you sit back 25 feet isn't going to hurt you.

Back