which to buy a laptop or desktop??

GENERALGOOSEPAC

Reaction score
My nephew's b-day is coming up soon. He called me and said he wanted a new computer. He really love pc games, I don't know which laptop or desktop is better with game (video card) whatever it called.. I wanna to get a good computer for my nephew.

I can afford under $1,000.

Most laptop that cost under $1000 has integrated graphic chipset, just onboard like Intel GMA, GeForce UMA or ATI Xpress, that's not good for games but unplayable for most games that made after 2006.

You can be lucky to find new laptop with good graphic chipset from newegg, not at best but AMD Turion X2 is start at cheaper price.
Newegg.com - Laptops, Notebooks, Cheap Laptops, HP Notebooks, Toshiba Laptops, Laptop, HP Laptop, Notebook Computers

Just warning, if you buy new notebook from newegg then they don't accept any refund, just make sure before you buy it.

Just recommended to find Radeon X1600 or HD 2600 or over, or find GeForce 7600, 8600 or over.

Oh my goodness, your nephew is lucky to have you spoil for him!!! I have more then 20 nephews/nieces. haha. I don't know about which is best for games. Good Luck!

I wouldn't give my nephew/niece. For son or daughter of my own, I would brought it when they are seriously about going to college. yeaaa.

Haha I know I spoiled my nephew alittle much...............okay, a lot...

um...(pacman) you are saying that laptop is better than desktop?? With gaming graphics.

Haha I know I spoiled my nephew alittle much...............okay, a lot...

um...(pacman) you are saying that laptop is better than desktop?? With gaming graphics.

lol, forgot to mention.

Desktop is still better than laptop due more powerful performance, plus you can replace the graphic card in PC case if it does outdated, you need find 1 empty of PCIxE or 2 for SLi (doubled graphic card) with Core 2 Duo and 7,200 RPM of HDD, that's good for games.

At retail store don't usually sell many gaming PC, just limited choice compared to regular PC, just looks at AT Radeon X1600, HD 2600 XT or above, for GeForce, 7600 GT, 8600 GT or above are sufficient for games, if want more performance then GeForce 8800 GTX/Ultra is best one but more expensive as well.

Back