Which is better? Cure for prejudice or for deafness?

I would take the pill for prejudice. I like my peace and quiet. :)

You don't want to do this?

Headbanging--Awesome.jpg

You know, I was joking around with my sons, we were in a silly mood and we all started headbanging and I learned that I have taken a Tylenol beforehand

:cool2:

I know it is easy for me to tell you accept yourself and quit feeling sorry for yourself. I have learned to love myself and dont care about other people. You should try it.

I sympathize with them and I feel their pain. It is truly lonely and depressing for one to not have any effective communication method when socializing with people - that applies to all people.

Especially for late-deafened people, I support and encourage them to seek out a hearing restoration option such as HA/CI. If it still fail them - then I support and encourage them to try ASL.

I'd take the pill to cure deafness so I can communicate at ease with the hearing; why should I make the hearing responsible for my deafness?

If there's a pill that makes me fluent in Spanish and I am in Mexico or a pill to make everyone speak English in Mexico, I'd take the pill to make me fluent in Spanish. Why should they learn English for me?

BEST POST I've seen in a good while....thanks

I defo pick 2nd pill for prejudice. I wouldn't change to be hearing because I am happy being Deaf and it is who I am and way I am. I wouldn't change it for anything.

My deafness never been cause of problems I had growing up. It is hearing people treatment and behaviour towards me was the problem. They need get fixed rather than me! :)

Hey,watch it. I like fat black women. More pushin' for the cushion.:cool2:

AJWSmith: Why do people sit on death row? Because they didnt take the pill so they could be nice to everyone? No such thing.

My deafness has made me miserable,too. My parents especially my asshole mentally ill father forced me attended hearing classes in high-school.(same bullshit in junior high) I failed every class except gym. When I turned 18, I was still a freshman so I quit school. I got my GED in '06. Of course, I was accommodated. (Only my mother was really proud of me) Yes, I had a rough teenage life. Im so over it.

I know it is easy for me to tell you accept yourself and quit feeling sorry for yourself. I have learned to love myself and dont care about other people. You should try it.

How nice.

Big Beautiful Black Women :)

That is why I mentioned "reverse-audism" or "deaf-ism" where a deaf person is prejudiced and acts as if they are superior. The question is asking which is more important - to fix the physical condition, or to fix the negative attitudes of people (which they may be unawares of).

I did emphasize that these were magic pills. This is a hypothetical question. I'm not outlining a realistic scenario.

It isn't you or your phrasing, AJWSmith. You have just encountered a few posters in your first reponses that are completely incapable of fluid and creative thought.

Nah, they will beat him to a bloody pulp. They will be ok. :lol:

The very thing I was thinking. I'd like to show that post to a couple of friends of mine and then lock DeafTim in a room with them for about 20 minutes.:lol:

You are offered two magic pills.

One pill will give you 100% hearing, but the people you meet through life remain unchanged in their various prejudices (racist, audist, reverse-audist [or "Deaf-ist"], sexist, etc.).

The other pill will make everyone you meet treat you nicely - as an equal and with respect - always ensuring that you are included in the group, communicating skilfully and accommodating your particular needs so you are never made to feel inferior.

Which pill would you choose?

i always make sure someone treat me nicely. I dont care what people thinks about me especially when i am deaf/hearing impaired. If it was hearing person were ask if they were deaf and growing up deaf and were asked if they like to be cured. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG of being deaf. if they say a pill for cure for deaf. why not blindness? why not cancer? why not diseases? or whatever physical wrong with us human beings. They need to learn to accept people who are different. Sadly not all of them can do that.

You are dealing with different conditions. Prejudice is "faulty"? thinking while deafness is a physical condition- at least to me. Bilateral deaf since December 20, 2006.
Pace: deaf militants: deaf persons can be "prejudiced" as well!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07
As a member of the deaf army, curious what prejudices I got? ;)

i always make sure someone treat me nicely. I dont care what people thinks about me especially when i am deaf/hearing impaired. If it was hearing person were ask if they were deaf and growing up deaf and were asked if they like to be cured. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG of being deaf. if they say a pill for cure for deaf. why not blindness? why not cancer? why not diseases? or whatever physical wrong with us human beings. They need to learn to accept people who are different. Sadly not all of them can do that.
Yes. I'm sure many people who ask this kind of questions, aren't satisified with themselves either. They are probably a bit short, fat, wrong skin color, wrong nationality, wrong class, wrong size of the nose, wrong job, wrong wife/husband, wrong habits and so on. They want a pill for that? Why not? It will improve their life, won't it.

Back