Which Hearings Aids work best for a late deaf person?

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have read the threads here, my oldest niece , needs hearing aids for both ears. At the moment , the hearings aids will cost $3,000. I don't know the brand or type.

Anyone here can help where to get a good deal ? I am aware HA are expensive . It looks like $3,000 might be a bargin. I heard Costco can add up to $7,000.

Thank you all in advance

How old is she? Start out with basic BTEs and experiment with different types of aids.......Aid response is so different that nobody can really tell you how your niece will be able to hear with aids.

Maybe rehab or VR can help with the cost of the HA. I saw that she is 18 yo , if she going to college or working it would not hurt to call VR .

I have read the threads here, my oldest niece , needs hearing aids for both ears. At the moment , the hearings aids will cost $3,000. I don't know the brand or type.

Anyone here can help where to get a good deal ? I am aware HA are expensive . It looks like $3,000 might be a bargin. I heard Costco can add up to $7,000.

Thank you all in advance

There is no HA's at Costco that even comes close to $7,000. You can expect to pay about $3,000 for the Phonak Brio and that would include the ComPilot. Other HA's are even less. You really can't lose with trying Costco: 90 day trial and 100% refund if you return the HA's.

There is no HA's at Costco that even comes close to $7,000. You can expect to pay about $3,000 for the Phonak Brio and that would include the ComPilot. Other HA's are even less. You really can't lose with trying Costco: 90 day trial and 100% refund if you return the HA's.

That's good to know . My mom said, they will get the HA from HearingUSA. I don't know my nieces level to determine which will fit her best. I was informed the HA will cost $3,000.

How old is she? Start out with basic BTEs and experiment with different types of aids.......Aid response is so different that nobody can really tell you how your niece will be able to hear with aids.

She's 18 years old. My mom said she was born with a hearing loss but no school diagnosis her or never considered why she was not learning well in school.
So late in life they caught this, my niece is in good spirits .

Maybe rehab or VR can help with the cost of the HA. I saw that she is 18 yo , if she going to college or working it would not hurt to call VR .

Yes , she 's still in hs senior . Maybe, a VR can help with college. Thank you

My daughter got her hearing aids paid for through our VR. She was/is in college.

That's something we can look into later. The HA they found are from HearingUSA. We need to find out her hearing level.

That's something we can look into later. The HA they found are from HearingUSA. We need to find out her hearing level.

Tell them not to buy any HAs before they look into VR

I would suggest they first find an audiologist that they are comfortable with (one who is looking out for the patient, not for his/her pockets).

Then that audiologist should know how to refer your niece to the VR.

My daughter went to my audiologist and was tested and had a couple of HAs recommended to her. Then the audiologist submitted a referral to the VR. My daughter then had to go to VR to go through the process before they approved and paid for her HAs (after my insurance paid what it would pay).

Some states it's called DOR (dept. of Rehabilitation).

Back