Which FM System should I buy?

the Amigo Star looks pretty cool in my opinion and the FM receivers are really neat (they look kinda like my hearing aids but different models LOL)
it depends on the money and where you are though! but I would go for the FM that has some swag :3

Oticon, then you get the cool flashing light on the back..

Kids will love you.

I would choose the Phonak one, because I've had better luck with Phonak.
I do not want to have a blinking light on my FM! :P
I think the iSense is geared more towards a adult audience, too. :mrgreen:

Hey! I am an older adult!

I may have the taste of a typical five year old, but still.... :P

haha! I love all these responses! Thanks everyone. And Oink, I was thinking of getting iSense because the dynamic FM is very advanced...however, I love the 'hearing aid' look and plus I'd have more colour selection. But I must say that I have a 'kid's taste' rather than a teenager's taste, much like the rest of you ;) I'll check them out at the Hearing Aid Store and see which experience is better! Thanks for all your help again!

Do you guys know of any other FMs (without hearing aid) that would be interesting to look at?

haha! I love all these responses! Thanks everyone. And Oink, I was thinking of getting iSense because the dynamic FM is very advanced...however, I love the 'hearing aid' look and plus I'd have more colour selection. But I must say that I have a 'kid's taste' rather than a teenager's taste, much like the rest of you ;) I'll check them out at the Hearing Aid Store and see which experience is better! Thanks for all your help again!

I actually like the design of the Star! I just think the blinking light would annoy me... I don't want little kids running away from me going " MOMMY THAT'S A ROBOT!!!"

I actually like the design of the Star! I just think the blinking light would annoy me... I don't want little kids running away from me going " MOMMY THAT'S A ROBOT!!!"

Haha! very true :)

Why do you need an FM system?

Because I have difficulty hearing conversations in background noise. I have well enough hearing to not need a hearing aid, however voices need to be amplified when I'm conversing in loud places, (work, school, restaurants, the car, etc.) My teacher recommended it and so did spec. ed a few months ago, but school was nearly finished, so they never fully went through with it.

I would love to have flashing lights on my HAs and FM. Think it adds to the effect of them being 'cool' rather then these horrible big things they used to be and some people still preceded them to be :)

Because I have difficulty hearing conversations in background noise. I have well enough hearing to not need a hearing aid, however voices need to be amplified when I'm conversing in loud places, (work, school, restaurants, the car, etc.) My teacher recommended it and so did spec. ed a few months ago, but school was nearly finished, so they never fully went through with it.

Oh, I didn't see your sig before......Yes, they're using FM for auditory processing disorders....and yes that's an area that is awesome for FM usage.........Did you know they're using it for ADD too?

Yeah, I've heard about that! They're also using it for people with sensory processing disorder as well :)

dude, that's what would my 3 year old nephew would say since he's a Transformer nuts ;) *trust me, he rocks those transformer skate shoes lol*

Yeah, I've heard about that! They're also using it for people with sensory processing disorder as well :)

Yes, it seems like FM has mixed results with dhh kids....But it can be super useful for ADD, APD and SPD........

Before I wore hearing aids I used to a version of this from phonak:) Looked more like the iSense Classic. I actually really liked it before they became useless because I couldn't hear enough what was going on outside of my ears so then got hearing aids with fm instead. Also in canada most universities/colleges will pay for an fm or have loaners and the loaners are usually phonak. Dunno if you're still in school but something to look into. I had a disabilties assistive technology grant that I was able to access as long as a I qualified for Ontario Student Assistance loan program so my fm was paid for and I got to keep it.

Back