Which CI?

Gemini

Reaction score
Hello all! Well, I am considering getting a second Implant. I currently have a cochlear Nucleus 5. I am not sure what the options ate for me this time, but I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions. Should I wait until the end of '13 and get the Nucleus 6? Should I get another Nucleus 5? Or do you think I should get an AB Harmony or Med-El Opus? Share you thoughts, suggestions, experiences, anything! I am really stuck. The surgery date isn't set in stone, we are basically in the "discussion" stage. Anything is helpful! As LNG as you are respectful ad not bashing implants or anything!:D

There is a user here who has an AB and N5. I'm not sure how it would sound with 2 different implants but there are a handful of people I know who have 2 diff and they just get diff pros with each.

if you're happy with your nucleus, stick with it and get another. that way you can swap cords and accessories too. since the nucleus 6 is coming out so soon you may get a free upgrade to that even if you did get the 5 right away.

if you're looking to try something different, AB's newNaida processor coming out soon has a bunch of new technology and is combined with Phonak to include things like bluetooth, wireless, remotemic, ultrazoom.

ultimately it's up to you!

There is a user here who has an AB and N5. I'm not sure how it would sound with 2 different implants but there are a handful of people I know who have 2 diff and they just get diff pros with each.

Ok, could you tell me who that is so I could ask them some questions?

Personally I would stick with one brand myself as I wouldn't want double the equipment etc and have to deal with 2 different companies.

Yeh. That's a good point. What I do like is the waterproof implant. (What are those called again? I know they are from AB)

Yeh. That's a good point. What I do like is the waterproof implant. (What are those called again? I know they are from AB)

I believe it's called the Neptune processor. There are several people here who have that.

You can stick the N5 into these cochlear zip bag which means you can wear them swimming etc. I believe all CI manufactures will eventally come out with a waterproof version, just may take longer for some of them :)

Some people are even wearing the harmony in the cochlear zip bags and have had no trouble. One person is planning to use their freedom in one as well,

I would go with whoever has the most cash-back rebate and 0% financing for 60 months.

Back