Which better using dialing videophone directly to ip adress or phone nbr?

Which better using dialing videophone directly to ip adress or phone nbr?

• using dial directly to IP Adress

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • using dial directly to phone nbr videophone

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • dont know!

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
callme@alldeaf.com Just kidding.

I rather to use email address to make call. Lot easier to remember who!

E mail? Come on, what do you mean? I never heard of this.

There is technical reasons why sometimes IP addy is better, while others VP is better. What I just learn this morning is that anyone outside of the USA using SorensonVRS Envision no longer will be able to use VP phone number. Will need Public IP address to make a call. Don't ask me why because there is no information on WHY they were no longer.

I rather to use email address to make call. Lot easier to remember who!

Sorry off the subject, I have notice... What about SNAPVRS.. I haven't see or slow process while Sorenson release VP-200. What is SNAPVRS doing now? SNAP VRS is slowpoke.

Well, nothing is fast anyway. Remember that Sorenson is pioneer of VP, meaning that they already have relationship with manufacturing and government related agencies like UL, FCC, etc that already have account with them. That is why they were able to process faster, on other hand other company like Snap is currently in process! Can NOT go fast due to liablity. If anything goes wrong and there is no approval from government, then company can be sued!
Remember, even though I have NO idea what is really going on with VP-200. There has been extraordinary high demand for VP-200 and in fact that Sorenson is OVERWHELMED with this.

Sorry off the subject, I have notice... What about SNAPVRS.. I haven't see or slow process while Sorenson release VP-200. What is SNAPVRS doing now? SNAP VRS is slowpoke.

FYI I just learn couple days ago that actually VP-100 development started in 1990!!! I am serious! The idea of Sorenson VP-100 started right after desert storm, that is when Sorenson media developed video codec that would compress videostream, and send them out with high effective rate. The success lead Jim Sorenson into idea of starting VRS, and at that time, Dlink heard that Jim Sorenson was trying to develop VP-100 That is where it started. See, the VP-100 didn't come out until right after the turn of the century. Same thing with SnapVRS too. It TAKES time!

FYI I just learn couple days ago that actually VP-100 development started in 1990!!! I am serious! The idea of Sorenson VP-100 started right after desert storm, that is when Sorenson media developed video codec that would compress videostream, and send them out with high effective rate. The success lead Jim Sorenson into idea of starting VRS, and at that time, Dlink heard that Jim Sorenson was trying to develop VP-100 That is where it started. See, the VP-100 didn't come out until right after the turn of the century. Same thing with SnapVRS too. It TAKES time!

It took time because high speed internet was not yet widely available.

Yes I was aware about that start 1990 but you made some point. I agree with what you are saying. :h5:

No Ip

Anyone tried to work on Sorenson's Router. I see there is no DDNS feature for no-ip or dyndns.

Anyone encounter that one?

Back