Where is the best place and the worst place to live in NYC?

and Central Park.. you pretty much covered almost all Manhattan.... and nobody wants to live in upper Manhattan since it's ghetto.

Lil' Italy is a scam but Chinatown is good. You just need to know right places to go.

Brooklyn's becoming unattainable like Manhattan.... getting very expensive fast.

scooter. problem solved :lol:

Question, at what price range does it become "unattainable" out in Brooklyn? I would assume with all the high paying jobs it's still pretty affordable.

Question, at what price range does it become "unattainable" out in Brooklyn?
$1,800 range and higher... and that's just for studio.

I would assume with all the high paying jobs it's still pretty affordable.
exactly! that's why they're flocking over to Queens, making room for rich/family people.

Yes he is I think . Speaking of that he talked about Bronx like he lived there Just sarcastic. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

My grandmother is from Red Hook, Brooklyn ;) I tease her about it alllll the time.

Core tah = Quarter

Boid = Bird

Cooaw Feee = Coffee

Bee yoo tea full = Beautiful

About all I can remember for now

Not anymore ... she grew up there (and yes, she is tough as nails)

oh thanks god! Red Hook is pretty rough now and very ghetto. I don't like it at all but it's the only way to get thru for Ikea and Fairway Market.

Jiro is correct about Brooklyn.

Ft. Greene was the most ghetto more than 15 years ago according to a friend who used to live there before. Many years later, Ft. Greene is now safe and modern. The average cost of studio apt is around at $1600 a month. For three bedroom brownstone house for rent? Around $3,000 a month or much more.

Shitty ghetto? Bushwick, Brooklyn... but it will be cleaned up soon like it did to Ft. Greene.. something is called GERTIFICATION.

Best place to live in NYC is Astoria (Queens), DUMBO (Brooklyn), Cobble Hill (Brooklyn), some areas of Manhattan.

Oh, yes, LI is a great place to raise kids.

Last summer on our 9,600 mile road trip as we neared Syracuse, I happened to be reading about Watertown and wish we had the time to stay in that area a couple of days because it seemed like a very nice place to be, especially the Thousand Islands area....that was just one of many, many places we had to miss on this trip. But now, a least we can better pick and choose places to go next time. Ours is a wonderful country! No going overseas for me as there's soooooo much to do and see right here in our country....especially off the beaten path places. Would take a couple of lifetimes to see it all....

Last summer on our 9,600 mile road trip as we neared Syracuse, I happened to be reading about Watertown and wish we had the time to stay in that area a couple of days because it seemed like a very nice place to be, especially the Thousand Islands area....that was just one of many, many places we had to miss on this trip. But now, a least we can better pick and choose places to go next time. Ours is a wonderful country! No going overseas for me as there's soooooo much to do and see right here in our country....especially off the beaten path places. Would take a couple of lifetimes to see it all....

Yes it's a nice place. If anyone wants to stop by Alexandria bay and rent the Uncle Sam boat tour or other boat tours. You would across Canada and see the few castles to visit. Very nice. We did stay there for one night.

No, they have resorted to selling large sugary drinks on the black market.

And you can't visit the beach when its snowing .... unlike ... the south ... it only snows like a day or two every other year.

I believe that ban on large sugary soda is unconstitutional.

It's funny that I currently watch Copper on Netflix. The story is based on a cop from mid 1800s in Five Points, Manhattan.

It's really headache to get in/out of NYC only via bridges by an automobile. My grandfather and his parents were hell-raised from Hell's Kitchen...Irish ghetto. Then later after my grandfather got married to my grandmother they moved to Park Slope, Brooklyn and raised 6 children. 4 out of 6 children (including my mother) moved to Long Island at almost all the same time in late 1960s.

Back