When you turned 21, what did you do and/or think?

Well, I am less than an hour away from forever leaving my 20's, and I'm gonna use what time I have left to post this question to you.

What did you do when you turned 21? As for me, I wondered whathe future held, and now 9 yrs later, all of that has been answered. What did you do? And your thoughts?

I enjoyed my cake. I never liked to drink so that wasn't any great thing. I didn't ponder my life - just enjoyed the day. Don't worry about the future, just live day to day. It's really all any of us have.

Laura

:) I tried to be polite and not let it show.

Part of the whole thing was, we were very poor, so any birthday money I got always went to Thanksgiving as I didn't want my kids to be deprived, so really my birthday kind of didn't exist in young adulthood, and I had my first child at 21, so I gave up birthdays early.

Things are much better now.

Yeah, we were homeless for part of my childhood, but always in extreme poverty. I guess that's why I don't care to celebrate Christmas or my birthday, I too gave up on it. Things for me are far from good by any means, but I hope my moving far away to a new, more urban setting will change things.

I don't even like going out for my birthday, EVERYBODY goes out for dinner on my birthday and it takes forever to get a table. After a couple years I started going out to celebrate my birthday with my ex on the weekend, sometimes the next weekend. :/

Not too mention losing out in getting a valentines day present AND a birthday one. Cuts down big time on my bling :laugh2:

But might you have some more valuable bling as a result of having gotten one more valuable present as a combined birthday/Valentines day present than you would have in two separate presents?

But might you have some more valuable bling as a result of having gotten one more valuable present as a combined birthday/Valentines day present than you would have in two separate presents?

Nah, I was mostly joking. We never had a lot of money to be throwing around anyway. So it never made THAT much of a difference. Now that thinking about most of irk over probably just comes from being married to the most unromantic man alive :laugh2:

Hello everyone. Great and interesting responses. I see that some of you had a not so great childhood, and I feel you-- I didn't have a great one, either, but I'm much better off today than I was back then.

Nah, I was mostly joking. We never had a lot of money to be throwing around anyway. So it never made THAT much of a difference. Now that thinking about most of irk over probably just comes from being married to the most unromantic man alive :laugh2:
I have a close friend who is born on Valentines Day. She is so lovable and genuine in a pretty darn constant way. She had a similar experience. Your ex deserves a lifetime boot in his ass for not being good to you.

I have a close friend who is born on Valentines Day. She is so lovable and genuine in a pretty darn constant way. She had a similar experience. Your ex deserves a lifetime boot in his ass for not being good to you.

:ty: :hug:

Back