When unrequited love turns scary

So if the psychologist needs a psychologist, do they see themselves as a psychologist or go to a psychologist's office?

:rofl:

Well if they see themselves, wouldn't it be multiple personality?:hmm:

If the psychologist needs a psychologist, he/she sees another psychologist.

Actually, it was a psychologist who taught me that little visualization technique to pull up memories in long term memory that weren't easily accessable. Maybe that psychologist needed a psychologist?:lol:

Actually, it was a psychologist who taught me that little visualization technique to pull up memories in long term memory that weren't easily accessable. Maybe that psychologist needed a psychologist?:lol:

Hi! We were so lonely, teasing you and you weren't even here.:wave:

:lol:

'They Know Exactly What They're Doing'

Another misconception is that stalkers are crazy. True, there are a small number who do have mental illnesses. Most are personality disorders such as narcissism.

But "they're not delusional," said Detective Mike Proctor, author of "How To Stop A Stalker." "They know exactly what they're doing."
I don't know......I know people who have been accused of stalking who just had very poor social skills.

Or they have not had much social interaction, theyre fairly young and believe that stalking is 'cute' in a way. IE a young teenage boy that is obsessed with a girl and will arrange his social schedule to be where she is and 'accidentally' bump into her to 'win her love'. but the reality is the guy is a complete geek that spent way too much time playing RPGs and the girl is a beauty queen and barely even knows this boy even exists, let alone has feelings for him.

but it does make for a very cheesy love song music video.

Babyblue, true but the poor social skills could mean that they don't know that following people is wrong. This guy I went to college with, had really profound Asperger's and he used to follow girls around and he didn't even know that it was wrong. I also know someone who was accused of stalking who didn't even get a warning or anything.

Babyblue, true but the poor social skills could mean that they don't know that following people is wrong. This guy I went to college with, had really profound Asperger's and he used to follow girls around and he didn't even know that it was wrong. I also know someone who was accused of stalking who didn't even get a warning or anything.

I can understand your point.

A lot of people with sound minds do it as well. Those are the ones that knows exactly what they are doing. They may act out on desperation, or to be controlling. Either way.

True that they may lack in social skills. It does not mean they do not know what they are doing.

Back