When is it ok to meet someone you met online?

It's as Annie said- you have to use your best judgement in determining if it is safe. And always meet in a public place. The very first person I ever met from online (the old Prodigy Deaf boards...) was over 20 years ago (!); I took a friend of mine who I already knew and met my online friend at Shoney's lol. It was fine. Over the years I've met quite a few since then. I lost contact with the first person (wish I knew what happened to them, HOH...) but many if not all of the others I've met I have known them for between 9 to 17 years (some from AOL lol). One has been a better friend to me than a so-called friend or two that I met in college over 30 years ago.

It is true there are bad experiences as noted above but for the most part if you follow the advice- meet in public places (same is true for newspaper personal ads lol), if you can take another friend, tell others where you are going, if you feel uncomfortable cut the meeting short (and if it escalates- block 'em online), there won't be too much of a problem.

So far I haven't met a 300 lb bearded guy living in a basement and wielding an ax- at least not in person- yet.

hahaha

I met this person who played with me on Sony PS3 games mostly gameshows and madden. We been friends for over 4 years and we shared each other on Facebook page

just be careful my friend

Its sad here nobody from All Deaf plays Madden or The Show 15 on PS3
Explain what it is how you get it I give it a go.aslong it not complicated I play certain games keep my brain going as I stuck in doors at the moment

Games are like getting a break from reality. Like you'll love GTA5 cause you cant do this IRL. Or playing sports cause you cant become a pro ballplayer. I wish Sony would make an Batman game you can play as a villian. I love to play as the Joker cause the PS3 batman game cant get this real joker!
140.jpg

I do games much same reason even though I old lady..you use brain like chess keeps it charged

Back