When do you put on your aid(s)/implant(s)?

Whenever I want to hear.

Monday through Friday, 7:45 am till 5:30 pm. That is all. I Dont like them.

My hearing aids are typically the last thing on my mind in the morning, honestly. If I'm leaving the house, they may or may not make it. For situations like work, school, if I know I'm specifically going to be in a situation where I'm a primary communicator, they're in my ears. Although I like my hearing aids, and I KNOW they help me... they're like my glasses. Part of me pretends that I don't need them, don't want them, whatever, while the rest begs to have them in all the time. It's remarkable, though, the difference in what I can understand (in incidentals, like trying to watch a vid on the computer, or watching tv) when I'm wearing h-aids vs. none.

I usually put my HA in right before I leave out the door for work, but today I forgot, I was halfway to work and trying to listen to the radio-wondering which of my kids had played with the controls and turned the speaker down on one side? LOL, I quickly realized I had forgotten it.

I didn't realize how much the HA helps with the tinnitus in my ear-it was ringing pretty loud today.

I usually don't put mine on until I'm out the door to work, but then I wear them all day and they're the last thing I do (take them off) when I go to bed. But on weekends I can go all day without bothering to put them in. I love the silence in the morning! :)

It is my understanding to get use to hearing "all sounds' one must have their Implant on-all the time. My habit: when I wake up in the morning-Implant on till noon time swimming. About a half hour-more or less- after head "dries" back on. Battery recharged from bed time over night.My battery lasts till about 11.00 pm. This has been going on for 3 years now.

Advanced Bionic Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

First in the mornings, I got up and went to bathroom as cleaned up myself then get dressed, next-hairblow. finally i put the hearing aids as wear about 10 hours a day every day (not all the time).
I also am so clumsy to put the h.aids away as certain place to keep them. i put them every where in the house! LOL for sample i leave h.aid on book shelve, end tables, top of tv or on floor nearest sofa! no kidding! even though in the bathroom on toilet tank! even though in the car! even though in pockets of clothing!
sometimes i have to find those h.aid as trying to remember where i put that away as i cant find 'em! what an idiot I am!
now i have a very special homemade flexible plastic bowl that my 4 yrs old grandson made for me as mother's day gift. since then i alway put those h.aid in the middle of the house as that way i make routine from bedroom and kitchen.
im sure that may happen to you too!
belinda

Very interesting to read other people's routines with their ha's.

It's a bit different for us as I'm hearing - it's my 3 year old son who wears ha's.

He started wearing his ha's at 5 months old.

At 3, he's still too young to put them himself (although he can turn them off and remove them now). So we put them in for him... usually within 5-10 mins of waking up. He wears them all day (with the exception of nap time). Then at bed time the ha's are the last thing.

Back