What's your dream musical instrument?

Ah, I see. And how long have you been playing the piano? Any particular piece you like to play?

Started playing when I was 6 on a Rudolph Wurlitzer Console. I mostly played classical, religious and folk songs.

Started playing when I was 6 on a Rudolph Wurlitzer Console. I mostly played classical, religious and folk songs.

Nice. Have you kept up with the practicing and playing the piano since 6 years old? Or are you pretty much poking around on your piano at this point in your life?

Nice. Have you kept up with the practicing and playing the piano since 6 years old? Or are you pretty much poking around on your piano at this point in your life?

Sold my piano about 14 years ago as I had nowhere to keep it and my brother was letting his daughter coat it with jelly and juice. I keep up here and there with the keyboard I have or "air piano". It's amazing how I can visualize the music in front of me and just play and hear it in my head, but not have any actual keys in front of me. While cooking dinner, I "played" Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. My mother was impressed as she saw what I was doing and following along with my hands realized what song I was "playing".

Dave Ellefson Signature Jackson CBX J-Bass

2916640503_frt_tbn_001.png

HAHAHA! :laugh2: that's funny !

hmm how about me?

A classical Violin! :ty:

..Wish i can cleary hear the high pitch notes :lol:

I was once a classical pianist (trying hard to be haha ) when I was 13 years old, got formal lesson til grade 5.

No interest in returning back to piano?

It's not often I come across pianists who are deaf/hh. There are some good pianists out there. But it doesn't help faking on being a pianist when one isn't one at all.

Anyway, good to see a deaf/hh person continuing with any kind of musical instruments.

Try playing on an Estonia piano. It is definitely better than a Steinway. I played on both of them. A few years ago I tried the Estomia. I was in awe on how it feels playing it and the sound is so good.

http://www.mypianofriends.com/estonia-pianos-vs-steinway-sons-59.html

Listen to the video. Although it's better to hear it in person to really appreciate the sound quality.
Ive owned several pianos over the years from a Baldwin upright, and an old antique upright my dad and I refinished, the last one I owned was a Estay Baby Grand. I plan to get another piano after I get settled, my wife has a small console piano but needs work, a few hammers don't work and out of tune. I don't really like it other than its small, but I like the baby grands and their rich robust sounds.

Ive owned several pianos over the years from a Baldwin upright, and an old antique upright my dad and I refinished, the last one I owned was a Estay Baby Grand. I plan to get another piano after I get settled, my wife has a small console piano but needs work, a few hammers don't work and out of tune. I don't really like it other than its small, but I like the baby grands and their rich robust sounds.

Try playing an Estonia grand piano. The sound is incredible and the key action is superb. I've played on other grand pianos but I was amazed when I tried my hands on the Estonia. Aside from that I would like to get myself an old player piano. Love the sound and the old feel to it.

I'd love a 1920's Gibson L1. I'd sit out in the front porch with a bottle of whiskey and roar my awful misery to passers by! Play the Blues like it should be played :)

Sadly, I am now not playing any longer and will be getting rid of the electric keyboard I have.

In a perfect world, I would be playing on a grand piano and also be able to play flute, violin and cello.

Now I have to check out an Estonia in person! I prefer a semi-weighted keyboard to a fully weighted one most of the time, but the sound from a good harp.. oh! I need to ask dogmom - who has a much more protective sense of privacy than me - if I could post pictures of our house. We have a rather different kind of living room setup which provides a rather unique acoustic environment for my keyboard (Alesis QS7).

Anyway.. back on topic here. Fantasy instrument? I read about a piece of software or something that does something like this.. it might even exist already, though not sure:

A microphone that I could whistle or hum into. Out the other end would be guitar/piano/whatever with the same envelope and pitch as my whistled/hummed tune. Might even be cool if I could do beat box noises and have a full-on drum synth come out the other end. Maybe this would be an acoustically driven MIDI controller? I don't know, but it is way easier to whistle/hum intricate tunes than it is to figure out how to play them sometimes.

After my C.I. implant, I picked up the violin and the cello. I practice and play any chance I get. :) They're my favorites out of anything. :)

I've always wanted to play the piano ever since I was little. Still do, but now I'm starting to get fond of guitars. I would love to learn all the chords to my favorite songs and what the chords means and how it makes a difference and all that kind of stuff. I used to be in music class and joined choir in sixth grade, but I'm older now and don't have time to take a music class again while I'm focusing on my major. Oh well. :dunno2:

the flute... I used to play the flute from 2006-2009 but my ears can't handle the high pitch notes. I want to still learn to play it, even if I have to play the high notes.
I miss playing the piano too... I love the piano.I played the piano from 2004-2007 but after that I got really busy and couldn't go to lessons.
I also singing lessons. I have high frequency loss... my vocal range? Soprano (Highest female vocal range) haha it's always fun... I LOVE the Sopranos/Tenors but my poor ears can't stand it!

I used to play guitar so my dream instrument would be a michael kelly guitar but with the humbuckers replaced with the single cats so you get the stunning good looks with the beautiful sounds of fender.

Back