what's rude to Deaf people if I ..

dragonsign

Reaction score
ask them to teach me sign language and give them my phone number ..since they know where i work..and there come there sometimes...but now i have'nt seen them in a long time...i live in Pickens, SC and i meet them in freds. I need someone so i can at least have a reason to read my sign language book.

What's rude to ask random stranger be your free teacher instead treat them like human being?

I can't think one single thing.

ask them to teach me sign language and give them my phone number ..since they know where i work..and there come there sometimes...but now i have'nt seen them in a long time...i live in Pickens, SC and i meet them in freds. I need someone so i can at least have a reason to read my sign language book.

Phone number not really helpful for deaf if you want to practise sign unless VP.

Plus, agree with Sunshine. Seem like asking for free teacher?

Free teacher for people we love/care about. People we know well.

Not free teacher for stranger.

dragonsign, are you hearing? I noticed that you work in the military service. Why are you interest in learning how to sign ASL? What is the purpose for it? :hmm:

Phone number not really helpful for deaf if you want to practise sign unless VP.

Plus, agree with Sunshine. Seem like asking for free teacher?

Free teacher for people we love/care about. People we know well.

Not free teacher for stranger.

I agree point 1 reputation! point!! that is why!

Make a Craigslist post, that youre looking for a deaf friend.

On rochester CL, occassionally there will be post about hearing people looking for deaf friends. Me and my girl always try meet up with them few times even made few good friends (hearing and other deaf folks who also responded to their CL posts.)

I think thats good way to start.

Last edited:
Back