What was the longest drive you went

Traveled alot around the US:

2 days trip from VA to Seattle, Washington state
6 hours from Seattle to Los Angles, California
7 1/2 from Califorrnia to Denver, Colorado ( I was lost at that time)
1 1/2 day trip from Denver to VA

Hell, there more but this is the longest drive ever.

we drove across Canada for 7 days from Labrador City to Minnesota to pick me up then go to British Columbia about 7,000 km and back to Alberta for 1 week to stay in Calgary with my uncle's family . we drove again from Alberta to New Brunswick for around 5 days to stay with my sister's family for few days, then almost planning to go Newfoundland but drop go back home in Labrador City. we did drive about almost 2 weeks and half. Km total is over 14,000 km.

oh I forgot to mention my longest road trip was from Denver, Colorado to Alaska 1 1/2 week driving

7 Days!? This is making the flight very attractive way to travel!

Just curious, is it to do with the fear of flying? I had been flying many times but I don't like them personally for their cramped seats and enclosed space which I cannot get out if I need a fresh air!

Originally posted by barnettgs
7 Days!? This is making the flight very attractive way to travel!

Just curious, is it to do with the fear of flying? I had been flying many times but I don't like them personally for their cramped seats and enclosed space which I cannot get out if I need a fresh air!

yessssss, it is 7 days to get there

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
we drove across Canada for 7 days from Labrador City to Minnesota to pick me up then go to British Columbia about 7,000 km and back to Alberta for 1 week to stay in Calgary with my uncle's family . we drove again from Alberta to New Brunswick for around 5 days to stay with my sister's family for few days, then almost planning to go Newfoundland but drop go back home in Labrador City. we did drive about almost 2 weeks and half. Km total is over 14,000 km.

That must be a helluva of a ride!! :shock:

i went to myrtle beach, south carolina all way from new jersey (way northern jersey) so you do the mathetic :cool:

9 hours. from bay area to SD or Aneheim. we would go down to south cali for Disneyland. But a family friend drives from Stockton to Tennessee and back!! No thanks!! for me I love flying. the longest flight was to back home and it was 16 hours and we go through so many time zones I dont even know what time is it anymore.....

12 hours ..... from Holland to France ( St Tropez ) GREAT ROAD !!!

Monique from the Netherlands

The longest drive I have been was in France in 1997. We left Paris, then drove down to Chambord, then to Blois and Amboise. We stopped overnight at Tours, then drove to Mont Saint Michel. We left MSM and drove back to Paris. The whole trip lasted about 36 hours, but I would say about 15 to 20 hours in the car.

I also went on other driving tour in Europe in 1999, where we drove from Munich Germany to Schwandorf, then Czech border, then back, and drove to Dachau and went to Innsbruck, Austria. After that, we drove to Venice, Italy. We drove to Florence, Italy where we stayed for 2 days, then drove to Pisa, Italy before going to Lyon, France. It was a lot of fun.

Originally posted by kuifje75
The longest drive I have been was in France in 1997. We left Paris, then drove down to Chambord, then to Blois and Amboise. We stopped overnight at Tours, then drove to Mont Saint Michel. We left MSM and drove back to Paris. The whole trip lasted about 36 hours, but I would say about 15 to 20 hours in the car.

I also went on other driving tour in Europe in 1999, where we drove from Munich Germany to Schwandorf, then Czech border, then back, and drove to Dachau and went to Innsbruck, Austria. After that, we drove to Venice, Italy. We drove to Florence, Italy where we stayed for 2 days, then drove to Pisa, Italy before going to Lyon, France. It was a lot of fun.

you must be aware their language and challenge to learn their culture and stuff in Europe!!! :shock:

Well, most of the signs are pictures only, as in international road signs. It is mostly common sense. Italy was really crazy to drive in though, no signs anywhere telling you how to get to where... I got lost a couple of times there. LOL

PS: I lived in Germany for 1/2 year when I studied at a college there.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Well, most of the signs are pictures only, as in international road signs. It is mostly common sense. Italy was really crazy to drive in though, no signs anywhere telling you how to get to where... I got lost a couple of times there. LOL

PS: I lived in Germany for 1/2 year when I studied at a college there.

no wondering, :cool:

From Northern New Jersey to Minneapolis, Minnesota - in summer of 1999... I drove alone ROUND trip! I am not gonna drive alone again, UNLESS I have to DO it with a certain reason!

The drive itself is 30 hours per way, with an overnight stop in Chicago at a friend's... all my joints aches and I had too much of Mountain Dew. Ugh - no wonder I don't drink them anymore!

About 14 hours road trip from San Francisco to Portland.
About 10 hours total of flights from NYC to Maui, Hawai'i.

Back