What time you tell kids go to bed early for school Mon. thur Fri.?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
I tell my 2 daughters to go bed at 8:15 PM start to reading Holy Bible for 15 min. unitl 8:30 PM then sit his knee on the floor and sit his elbow on the bed and put both palm hand together to pray to speak with God for a few min. then kiss and good night and request need bathroom before go to sleep because kids would pee on the bed. Do you have any suggest to make kids stop pee on the bed? and I been telling them to do homework when arrived home from school and unitl homework gets done then they may go outside play with other kids from our neighborhood in my yard or in his yard too. I am try do the best to make kids do better as I can. I like to hear about it by those who is also parent and lets discuss about it the best as we can do for them... :grouphug:

my daughter takes a bath at 8 pm and get her clothes ready for the am and goes to bed at 9..

Yeah, dont let girls drink anything after 6 pm at least? or use night diaper?
I do put my daughter to bed at 8 pm for school day even she wants to agrue with me all the time about bed time as usual.

My three children.. .

After school: Always require do homework first before go out...

my older son 14 yrs old, He must curfew 9pm.. and have prepare shower and blah blah.. ready for his bedtime at 10pm...

Daughter is 11 yrs old and come home at 815pm and have prepare her bathing and blah blah... will be ready for her bedtime 930pm..

Last son is 9 yrs old and must come home 745pm.. and prepare his shower and blah blah blah and always goes bed time at 845pm. That is it..

If break the curfew or bedtime not on time.. will come 15 minutes early and not follow rules again.. will be grounded.. :)

Rest of my children will return their school on September 6th 2005.

My son go to bed at between 8 30 to 9.

He will return to school on September 7th. I am sure he'll be excited to see his friends again.

It all depends on when they have to get up, Schools start at different times and some people live farther away from schools then others do.

One of the most important things a parent can do for their child's education is to make sure they get enough sleep. I went to a seminar and one of the things they discussed was this very topic and it is really amazing how much better kids do in school the proper sleep.

I don't have a kid yet but in the future I will. I would probably tell the kid to go to bed at 8pm for week and 10pm for friday & saturday.

it actually depends how old they are.. i mean i wouldnt sent a 16 yr old to bed at 8pm, nor i will sent a 5 yr old to bed at 3am. So it dependson the age of the child.

My neice and nephew are pretty young still, so they are both in bed and asleep by 9pm.

We shoot for an 7:30/8:00 pm bedtime meaning everything done and they are in bed at that time. Both (one 8 and the other 5) are both in school and ride the bus up and back. We are big believers in having them get their sleep. We will probably allow the older one go to sleep later (8:30) in a year or two.

since I am still in hs, ugh! i go to bed at 9:30pm M-F and most of teenagers go sleep too late (11pm) due to sports and h/w. I don't care what time I go to bed and I go bed sometimes after 12am [only on weekends). i don't have kids yet, but I strongly recommend that all parents who has teenagers, tell them to go to bed before 10pm or they will not able to perform properly. I seen a lot of teenagers fall asleep in classes and that is because their parents are not tricky in my area. my school district is going to delay the high school start time in '07, which I think that it is very stupid, and why can't parents put teenagers to bed EARLY ENOUGH?

Bladeordie said:
Yeah, dont let girls drink anything after 6 pm at least? or use night diaper?
I do put my daughter to bed at 8 pm for school day even she wants to agrue with me all the time about bed time as usual.
don't let them drink water after 8:30pm and they don't have to wear night diapers if they are trained to not to drink after 8:30pm

Hey I dunno what ages u were talking about? But I have 4 yrs old son (adoption) anyway as for my son I allow to go to sleep whenever he feels so sleepy depends on if he takes a nap during a day (during weekdays) but as for weekends whenever he feels like to go to bed. But sometimes I have bit hard time trying to get him to bed a bit early if he has not had any naps during day times because I dunno wanna him to feel so grouchy while in his preschool or pre K. During his Pre K I prefer him to feel more comfortable at his school (thats what he called anyway). I am not quite sure any of you whom has smaller kids such as 3 or 4 or 5 yrs olds to go though.. My son just started going since hes 4 yrs old. I am beginning new experineces with my son in my own way.

rjr2006 said:
since I am still in hs, ugh! i go to bed at 9:30pm M-F and most of teenagers go sleep too late (11pm) due to sports and h/w. I don't care what time I go to bed and I go bed sometimes after 12am [only on weekends). i don't have kids yet, but I strongly recommend that all parents who has teenagers, tell them to go to bed before 10pm or they will not able to perform properly. I seen a lot of teenagers fall asleep in classes and that is because their parents are not tricky in my area. my school district is going to delay the high school start time in '07, which I think that it is very stupid, and why can't parents put teenagers to bed EARLY ENOUGH?
thats' pretty common in now-a-days.. and this is giving me peeve about this.

those parents who let their kids decide what time they go to bed.. is getting more common right now.. and i think this needs to overcome and become stricter.. i also do see kids fall asleep in classes in high school when i was in high school the first class starts at 7:30 am

i believe they should have same time start and end.. since many parents work from 8 am to 4 pm. which saves the daycare cost, etc..

I understands but doctor told me to have kids sleep for 8 hours to get full energy.

My daughter's teacher informed me that my daughter was so sleepy during in class and advised us to tell my daughter go to bed at 8:30 PM so my daughter not get so sleepy during in class and now it is been done much better than before. Like I used to let my daughter stay up late night unitl get tired and sleepy then go to bed but now no more late night more than 8:30 PM that is why I am telling them go to bed at 8:30 PM

PurrMeow said:
Hey I dunno what ages u were talking about? But I have 4 yrs old son (adoption) anyway as for my son I allow to go to sleep whenever he feels so sleepy depends on if he takes a nap during a day (during weekdays) but as for weekends whenever he feels like to go to bed. But sometimes I have bit hard time trying to get him to bed a bit early if he has not had any naps during day times because I dunno wanna him to feel so grouchy while in his preschool or pre K. During his Pre K I prefer him to feel more comfortable at his school (thats what he called anyway). I am not quite sure any of you whom has smaller kids such as 3 or 4 or 5 yrs olds to go though.. My son just started going since hes 4 yrs old. I am beginning new experineces with my son in my own way.

don't forgot if you let your kids sleep too long it's not healthy...

i read somewhere that kids should be sleeping 8 to 10 hours for a full engery

DreamyHawaii said:
My daughter's teacher informed me that my daughter was so sleepy during in class and advised us to tell my daughter go to bed at 8:30 PM so my daughter not get so sleepy during in class and now it is been done much better than before. Like I used to let my daughter stay up late night unitl get tired and sleepy then go to bed but now no more late night more than 8:30 PM that is why I am telling them go to bed at 8:30 PM

Alright how old is your daughter?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
don't forgot if you let your kids sleep too long it's not healthy...

i read somewhere that kids should be sleeping 8 to 10 hours for a full engery

Yeah I wont allow my son to sleep longer than 10 hours. The reason is why I am bit having hard time cuz whenever he gets 8 or 9 hours sleep and go to his school to have a short nap. I dont feel comfortable about it u know.

Back