What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

I actually had several people in high school I've never met come up to me and tell me, "You're the best-looking person with hearing aids I've ever met! I didn't know there were any attractive people who wore hearing aids!".

No lie. I didn't even bother to thank them for their so-called "compliment"! It really had me burning up!! :mad:

OMG!! Really? so people think that being HOH or deaf will made you unattractive ! I would had said "I did not know hearing people could be so damn ignorant!" And walked away!
I was at party when I younger and when the party was over my friend that had the party told me a real good looking guy was trying whisper in my ear how pretty he thought I was. When my friend told him I was HOH the guy was turned off! So I guess that guy felt that same way as that person you ran into!

OMG!! Really? so people think that being HOH or deaf will made you unattractive ! I would had said "I did not know hearing people could be so damn ignorant!" And walked away!
I was at party when I younger and when the party was over my friend that had the party told me a real good looking guy was trying whisper in my ear how pretty he thought I was. When my friend told him I was HOH the guy was turned off! So I guess that guy felt that same way as that person you ran into!

Yeah. My son actually had a hearing girl tell him when he was a teen-ager "You would really be cute if you weren't wearing those things on your ears." He told her she would really be cute if she wasn't stupid.:giggle:

Yeah. My son actually had a hearing girl tell him when he was a teen-ager "You would really be cute if you weren't wearing those things on your ears." He told her she would really be cute if she wasn't stupid.:giggle:

Good for him!

kelso_burn.gif

That is awesome

What ticks me off about some of them is their thinking that they are superior to deaf people.

What ticks me off about some of them is their thinking that they are superior to deaf people.

That, too. What ticks me off is when they all get together and decide to visit a deaf message board so they can tell the deaf how wrong they are about their deafness. They congregate like a bunch of gang members, make a group attack, and then retreat again for several months. Just like any bullies.

That, too. What ticks me off is when they all get together and decide to visit a deaf message board so they can tell the deaf how wrong they are about their deafness. They congregate like a bunch of gang members, make a group attack, and then retreat again for several months. Just like any bullies.

That would be a despicable thing for people to do.

:lol:

Now you know a part of you will live forever through him and his future kids ;)

The fact so many hearies think they should be able to get all insulted and huffy about what deafies do or say but that D/deaf people should a "sense of humor" when hearies do it.

:barf:

My friend, who uses a wheelchair and is very blunt, saying that he went to school with some Deaf and hoh people, and in his experience 'they are cliquey and rude'...I was just like....err, I don't think I am- if I'd said in my experience people who use wheelchairs are rude he's so thick-skinned it probably wouldn't bother him. I like him as a friend but we butt heads quite a lot. Maybe if he'd said 'the particular people I went to school with were cliquey and rude but you're not' I might have been a little less miffed.

My friend, who uses a wheelchair and is very blunt, saying that he went to school with some Deaf and hoh people, and in his experience 'they are cliquey and rude'...I was just like....err, I don't think I am- if I'd said in my experience people who use wheelchairs are rude he's so thick-skinned it probably wouldn't bother him. I like him as a friend but we butt heads quite a lot. Maybe if he'd said 'the particular people I went to school with were cliquey and rude but you're not' I might have been a little less miffed.

people sure do judge deaf people badly.

melissa said:

Maybe just me but that was probably more due to the school setting than their deaf/hohness. What school isn't cliquey?

What I don't understand why hearing people believe that we can hear quite well with hearing aid or CI which it is not, but maybe some who have mild hearing loss or hard of hearing can hear almost clear enough. :dunno: Those hearies want more than in the world to have us hear clear as a bell and be normal like all the hearing people. I keep telling them many times but they just don't want to hear of it like they are deaf themself. How in the world can we get through them to comprehend our deaf perspective? What is their problem and their hangup about hearing and spoken language? It does not make any sense at all. That is what tick me off when I tried to explain but one or more brush me off saying that we can hear pretty good with our devices. :ugh:

I wonder if I have said something in the earlier threads for I don't know how long ago is that? This is the 23rd posts so far. And we are still gong on. :lol:

Back