What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

:roll: It's bothering me that some hearies think I shouldn't be friendly and polite to everyone... Seems like they think I should hole myself up and not even communicate.

Tried to call the vet's office this morning. Told to hold, then she cam back on the line and was talking super fast. I told her I was deaf can you please slow down. She put me back on hold then hung up on me. This happened twice. Had to have my hubby call them. I am going to tell the vet what happened when I see him. Ticked me off. Thankfully it was not an emergency.

Tried to call the vet's office this morning. Told to hold, then she cam back on the line and was talking super fast. I told her I was deaf can you please slow down. She put me back on hold then hung up on me. This happened twice. Had to have my hubby call them. I am going to tell the vet what happened when I see him. Ticked me off. Thankfully it was not an emergency.

Angel1989, have you ever considered using a web-based relay system? Maybe that might help at least a little bit?

:roll: It's bothering me that some hearies think I shouldn't be friendly and polite to everyone... Seems like they think I should hole myself up and not even communicate.

Think of the people as doing you a favor , at least you know not to waste any time trying to talk those people.

:shock: What a rude bitch that woman is. I would had been B/S!

I hate when people want to all if a sudden start yelling almost when they see I'm wearing a hearing aid lol. Like really what do you think this is for I can hear better so why the hell are you yelling lol

when you ask someone to repeat something when you didn't hear them the first time and then they say never mind.... BIGGEST PET PEEVE!!!

They-have-no-idea-Haters-gonna-hate-Walking-GIF.gif

Really pisses me off when people start talking real slow and over pronouncing words!
or when someone tries to "test" my abilities to lip read.

I called Verizon tonight and got someone in another country again and I told she was talking too fast for me that I am HOH and I can hear her but I can't understand her . I repeated myself 4 times telling the woman she needs to slow down and asked her if she knew what HOH meant . She did not answer this, after telling her for the 4th time I can hear her BUT I can't understand her to slow down the fool asked me "If I can hear her ." WTF! If I tell someone to talk slower they start YELLING at me over the phone. Slower does not mean louder . :roll:

Really pisses me off when people start talking real slow and over pronouncing words!
or when someone tries to "test" my abilities to lip read.

I hate it when they do that! After I finish explaining how people need to face me because I lip-read, they immediately start mouthing words just to see if I'm actually a lip reader or not!

When I wrote my order on iPhone, and showed that to cashier, few minutes later I got a wrong order (it was supposed to be chicken, not beef) and that cashier think I ordered it wrong, and told her manager about my wrong order, refused to exchange it.... all I have to reopen my iPhone and show to that cashier, her manager checked on me...after reading it, manager stare at her for few seconds and made me another food. Sometimes it is cool to be deaf, because I have to wrote/type down every time to prove.

I called Verizon tonight and got someone in another country again and I told she was talking too fast for me that I am HOH and I can hear her but I can't understand her . I repeated myself 4 times telling the woman she needs to slow down and asked her if she knew what HOH meant . She did not answer this, after telling her for the 4th time I can hear her BUT I can't understand her to slow down the fool asked me "If I can hear her ." WTF! If I tell someone to talk slower they start YELLING at me over the phone. Slower does not mean louder . :roll:
When I was job hunting, I had a recruiter call me and I kept telling her I was having trouble understanding her (this was when I was having issues with ear wax and/or my hearing aid). She asked if she should call me on another phone. :roll:

When I was job hunting, I had a recruiter call me and I kept telling her I was having trouble understanding her (this was when I was having issues with ear wax and/or my hearing aid). She asked if she should call me on another phone. :roll:

:lol: Some people really just don't get it sometimes ...

Did the person know you're hoh , is does made a difference what kind of phone a person is talking on to me . One of my sisters has to change phones when talking to me so I can hear her better.

Did the person know you're hoh , is does made a difference what kind of phone a person is talking on to me . One of my sisters has to change phones when talking to me so I can hear her better.

She wanted ME to change phones. And, as I said in my post, I kept telling her I was having trouble understanding her. Yes, I told her I have hearing difficulties.

I hate it when people on the phone get mixed up when I try to spell my name or street address and they get it wrong so they start yelling at me as if that will make my speech clearer. I guess my speech is getting worse but my partner and Skype friends say it's fine. Last time I had to spell my username to internet provider I gave up after repeating myself about 5 or 6 times and gave the phone to my hearing partner. I am seeing someone tomorrow about getting a tty.

The other one I really hate is when people assume that I'm stupid and start trying to teach me by shouting and pointing how to use the elevators at the train station.

:lol: Some people really just don't get it sometimes ...

No kidding. Several hearing people at my work do not get it about deaf people. I got applauded for writing explicit lesson plans and my boss said that she wants to use one of mine as a model to show others how to properly write them. My co-teacher heard people talking saying that I must have gotten help to write my lesson plans because deaf people cant write that good. :shock:

Wow...people are so STUPID.

Back