what kind of business?

The*Empress

Reaction score
What kind of business would you like to have?

Would you wanna sell wigs and hair products? Or ice cream? Or video games?
Or home movies? Autos? :P

Oh I wanna add....

Selling surfboard and bikinis?

Or wallpapers?

Or electronics?

Or pies and cakes?

Or shoes store?

Candy store?

Here are plenty of other ideas:

Types of businesses according to the US Standard Industrial Classification:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Industrial_Classification

Types of businesses according to the North American Industry Classification System:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAICS

Personally, what I really enjoy about business is the systems analysis and design and the big picture. I want to set up multiple ones, but it's the product that I'm passionate about, it's the business models, if that makes sense?

Last edited:
I always had a dream of opening a little sandwich shop, maybe someday I'll follow my dreams..... :wiggle:

And I will make sure the homeless eats too for free....

Thank for sharing interesting info, endy.

Yeah make creative sandwiches,
How about BMC - stands for Bacon, Mushroom, and cheese on toasted bread.

Sherry, make sure you build your affordable flower shop next to hospital, that is where many people will want to buy flower for their sick love ones at the hospital. :P

I would love to set the furniture restoration business when I'm out of work...

^Angel^ said:
I always had a dream of opening a little sandwich shop, maybe someday I'll follow my dreams..... :wiggle:

Why don't you check the Franchising business to set up your own business? Be your own boss. May I recommand you to check out three franchising businesses: Potbelly, Papagino's or Bigtownhero business. That would work great on new customers that they never try new taste in their town or state. If you don't set up the business soon, the person in your town would steal your big dream and finally set up the new recoginzed sub business...

Don't you want to follow your dream.......

Quiznos

Subway

Blimpie

Jerry' s Sub and Pizza

Potbelly

Papagino

Bigtownhero

Actually i rather not at hospital, more for local. I am interesting of decoration for special events, wedding, funnerals, stuff like that.

Cool thread! My hubby and I already run a compuer consulting company, and we're doing pretty well. But cuz I've been in computers for almost 20 years, I want to try something different. One of these days, I'd like to run a mail order catalog company. Another possibility might be to buy out a retail store and expand the store's business by adding an e-commerce site. (If it sounds like I'm being vague -- yes, I'm being deliberately vague since I don't want to give away ideas to competitors. ;-) )

But I do have some off-the-wall business ideas that might not fly, like buying out a coin-op laundromat and decorating it in wild colors to make it stand out. Another is to open a nightclub that serve tapas and fancy desserts (think creme brulees!) as well as cocktails to yuppie-types.

Mookie said:
Why don't you check the Franchising business to set up your own business? Be your own boss. May I recommand you to check out three franchising businesses: Potbelly, Papagino's or Bigtownhero business. That would work great on new customers that they never try new taste in their town or state. If you don't set up the business soon, the person in your town would steal your big dream and finally set up the new recoginzed sub business...

A word of warning....there's a reason why buying a franchise business is called "buying yourself a job". With a franchise business, you usually don't have a lot of freedom -- the company tells you what to do, et cetera, and in many cases, you have to pay royalty fees to the company. And I've heard that after expenses and overhead, the salary for an owner of the franchised business is usually something like $30k....certainly not very much.

^Angel^ said:

Yes that's nice thought, but it's risky to give freebie to the homeless because it is the Owner's responsible if they become ill after eating some of it.

We went to resturant, and I was tooo full up to eat the rest, and I asked for a doggie bag, to take it home, and I was given a piece of paper to sign that I cannot sue the Owner should I become ill afterward.

For me - I would love to buy a holiday apartment or holiday cabins and let the holidaymakers to come and pay their board.

Tamara - that is nice.

Saba - cool, make sure you invite Rachel Ray over, she'll help get more customers.

Cool Sherry.

Reba - would be nicer to serve tea, coffee, donuts, and sushi for your clients at your spa.

Cool Liebling.

Tamara said:
We went to resturant, and I was tooo full up to eat the rest, and I asked for a doggie bag, to take it home, and I was given a piece of paper to sign that I cannot sue the Owner should I become ill afterward.

That's weird...I've been to zillions of restaurants and nobody ever made me sign a paper for taking leftovers home. What kind of restaurant was it, and where was it?

Back