What? It's spld already??

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I often put stuffs on Craigslist and they often get sold within 24 hours or so. It makes me wonder sometimes. Sometimes, I wonder if I would have gotten $50 or maybe even $60 as opposed to $40. After all, if it's a bargain, it will be snagged up fast, right?

Do you get those kind of feelings when things get sold fast? Yes, it's nice to get them sold, but it would also be nice to get a good value for your stuffs.

I know what you mean. That's one reason I start a little higher than what I want. Sometimes it does take longer to sell that way though so you have to figure out if it's worth your extra time.

I suppose it depends on which is more important to you when you are selling the item, space or final price. I think space and time are also worth something. Is what you get in the additional dollars going to be worth the additional time you took on selling it or space the item took up?

For me, I would not mind waiting few days to get $10 more for my items. I do have the space. Just not indefinite amount of space.

There is a zone. For people who buy and sell. It is not so easy to define but it is there. I have a friend who always does too well. Believe it or not it is a problem. He has had many repercussions at different times because of sales being too advantageous. This has him being aware and purposefully setting a lower price aiming for fair and keeping things moving. It is amazing how well he does but his goals are not of empire and ruthless success. Home and family and giving back to his community is where he is at.
Just because you can get a higher price it is better to stay in the reasonable zone. What we have going on right here in America right now is a giant pain because it is top dollar driven. The constant upward push in prices keeps us all paying too much this is a cause and an effect that takes away the joy of living and benefits the ones at the top of the heap the most.

If he's selling stuff within 24 hours he not asking enough money. I'm not saying to gouge anyone but often when things sell that fast it's because it's really cheap and often people are just buying it to resale. I've sold stuff like that before and seen it up for sale again the next day asking twice what I got for it.

I put stuff on there free, it doesn't always get taken... so, One mans trash is still one mans trash. lol

If he's selling stuff within 24 hours he not asking enough money. I'm not saying to gouge anyone but often when things sell that fast it's because it's really cheap and often people are just buying it to resale. I've sold stuff like that before and seen it up for sale again the next day asking twice what I got for it.
Ouch! There are a lot of real operators working that list. He may be selling low but making the profit he wants too. It sounds like a ten dollar raise in price is coming soon!

Yeah, I have sold few of a specific model of mower last year for $50-55. I decided to go $40 because of the crazy weather we've been having. It doesn't feel like Spring yet. Figured that I would give a discount because of that. Oh boy, it was sold fast!! Last year, I did wait and got $50-55. If I come across to it again this year, I would wait.

Back