What is your favorite brand for a hearing aid?

phonak fms i have tried aids widex and phonak and i hated them

Has anyone who's profoundly deaf (like me) tried the Acoustitone PRO Hearing Aid?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/MDHearingAid-PRO-Acoustitone-Hearing-Aid/dp/B002RH4SN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1281910989&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Acoustitone PRO Hearing Aid: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

I'm wondering if it's as good as they say, considering the cost. Some people do say it's an "amplifier", not a true hearing aid.

phonak fms i have tried aids widex and phonak and i hated them

Phonak is really good too!
I started using the Phonak Inspiro after I traded in my old transmitter which my audi told wasn't working anymore

my old transmitter was the Campus S which is Phonak

Has anyone who's profoundly deaf (like me) tried the Acoustitone PRO Hearing Aid?

Amazon.com: Acoustitone PRO Hearing Aid: Health & Personal Care

I'm wondering if it's as good as they say, considering the cost. Some people do say it's an "amplifier", not a true hearing aid.

I wouldn't waste your money!
even visually it looks like a very cheap aid - almost a "toy" if you know what I mean.

Stick with brand name hearing aids that you get through your Audie ... that way you'll have the best chance of hearing and understanding as much as possible.

I wouldn't waste your money!
even visually it looks like a very cheap aid - almost a "toy" if you know what I mean.

Stick with brand name hearing aids that you get through your Audie ... that way you'll have the best chance of hearing and understanding as much as possible.

Agreed, thanks for the feedback.

The audiologist told me it would be 400-500 dollars for my 10 year old analog Oticon and that's if the parts are still available so I'm shopping around.

Back