what is like without the hearing aids?

Belinda Dill

Reaction score
I do wear the hearing aids since 50 yrs ago. i realize i still wear them as habit for many years.
since the hot muggy weather, i cant stand to wear those h.aid as their ear molds stuck inside ears as dampness n warm. i took them off and had not wearing them at least 2 days!
i realized i cant live without the hearing aids!!!!!!!!!!!! i go nuts! LOL

50 yrs later now, i do consider on CI as planning to have them if i will be qualify. (95 percent hearing loss on both ears) (born deaf)
now, while considering CI, will i have same habit to leave ci aids on tables or round the house!lol like an old habit! i hope not!
so what do you feel or cope with feeling with them>?

I do wear the hearing aids since 50 yrs ago. i realize i still wear them as habit for many years.
since the hot muggy weather, i cant stand to wear those h.aid as their ear molds stuck inside ears as dampness n warm. i took them off and had not wearing them at least 2 days!
i realized i cant live without the hearing aids!!!!!!!!!!!! i go nuts! LOL

50 yrs later now, i do consider on CI as planning to have them if i will be qualify. (95 percent hearing loss on both ears) (born deaf)
now, while considering CI, will i have same habit to leave ci aids on tables or round the house!lol like an old habit! i hope not!
so what do you feel or cope with feeling with them>?

With the CI I tend to leave them on more than I did with HA's, no mold to trap nice breeze into my ear canal. I put CI on first and take off last, the HA only stayed on for few hours then my ear gets all wet, itchy and annoying.

From my understanding-one should have their Implant on all waking hours in order to pick up sounds from everywhere. Like "hearing people" can't turn off your hearing! The only time in the day my Implant is off is when I go swimming, Had the 3 year review yesterday-Sunnybrook/Toronto-improvement over the last year. Just takes a "lot of time" for one's brain "neural plasticity" to take over.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07.

You need to tell yourself you're going to wear them. Nobody wants to wear aids. But we just do.

With the CI I tend to leave them on more than I did with HA's, no mold to trap nice breeze into my ear canal. I put CI on first and take off last, the HA only stayed on for few hours then my ear gets all wet, itchy and annoying.

This is what I do... Altho I give myself some time to wake up before I put the implant on and only time I take it off is to shower and sleep .. and sadly soon I will be going back to work. Which I wont be wearing the implant for 8 hrs a day for 3 days a week :( But I too find the implant 10101010101 times more comfy to wear than I did the HA. I struggled and had to force myself to put the HA on. With the implant its a joy to wear.

I work in a pretty dirty and grimey atmosphere. Im not risking it getting broke while working. Plus I work in a pretty Loud place. So it would be pretty useless there anyways. I have worked there for a long time as a Deaffy I can continue doing so.. :)

Back