What is exactly non-mistreamed school?

amc5754

Reaction score
Now, I am confuse. I always thought I went to a mainstreamed school for whole life, but I did went to Language Development Program (LDP) school when I was 5 until 11. I am wondering if LDP is considered a mainstreamed school. What do you think? I just want some clarification.

Now, I am confuse. I always thought I went to a mainstreamed school for whole life, but I did went to Language Development Program (LDP) school when I was 5 until 11. I am wondering if LDP is considered a mainstreamed school. What do you think? I just want some clarification.

You mean a dhh program in a mainstream school.

What you mean? Language school had many hearing people. There was some signing but not much. There was no ASL too. My hometown school was the same thing except it is a combination of non disabilities and disabilities students.

What you mean? Language school had many hearing people. There was some signing but not much. There was no ASL too. My hometown school was the same thing except it is a combination of non disabilities and disabilities students.

What do you mean, what do I mean?

I mean if it was language development program in your neighborhood school, it was a deaf and hard of hearing program in a mainstream school.

It is not possible for me to state it more clearly.

What do you mean, what do I mean?

I mean if it was language development program in your neighborhood school, it was a deaf and hard of hearing program in a mainstream school.

It is not possible for me to state it more clearly.

(they walk among us)....

It not in the same community. Language school was in Buffalo area while hometown school was in the tiny village. Language school is really mainstreamed?

It not in the same community. Language school was in Buffalo area while hometown school was in the tiny village. Language school is really mainstreamed?

It may have been a deaf and hard of hearing magnet program drawing pupils from more than one district, but still have been in a mainstream public school.

Language school is for people with different disabilities. I did however not saw or met many people who are either HOH or Deaf.

Language school is for people with different disabilities. I did however not saw or met many people who are either HOH or Deaf.

Aha! I know what you mean, and did get my early years education that way too.

Part of the public school system, but different disabilities separated within that special school..

And I don't think it actually counts as mainstream although it is part of the public school system.

Just curious, were there other deaf/hard of hearing children like you in your classroom if it is a special education classroom? Have you gone into the hearing classroom like gym or some hearing classroom subject with ASL interpreters. :hmm:

They all hearing. I was in same room with all other hearing students including special ed classroom. No HOH or Deaf student in my class other than me. :-(

As for LDP, same thing except it only for special needs students. Again, no Deaf or HOH in same class as me.

I knew nothing about Deaf Community while growing up. Only accesses that I had were resource room and notetakers.

They all hearing. I was in same room with all other hearing students including special ed classroom. No HOH or Deaf student in my class other than me. :-(

As for LDP, same thing except it only for special needs students. Again, no Deaf or HOH in same class as me.

That's actually different. What I was talking about had a dhh section, physically handicapped section, blind section. They may not have had that everywhere.

U mean like group by disabilities in the school? Other words LDP is more of mainstreamed?

Wow, you are definitely in the wrong school. They want you to go through oral method approach. That is terrible. You should never be alone if you have not understand well enough to understand in the classroom. ASL is a must but hearing people don't realize how difficult it is for us to lipread and misunderstand the teachers and hearing children. That is wrong when you don't have it. Damn that school. :mad:

Back