What Does it Mean To Be a Good Friend?

A good friend is someone you have known for 30+ years, that has always been there for you in times of need, advice, helped with things... I have one I have known since grade school, went to the same schools grew up a block from eachother, and to this day still help eachother when time permits ( everyone is married now and has a life ) but we are still there when needed just to talk if all else fails.
That has happened for me as well. We know all each others stories and the trials of life have come and gone and more on the way. Through it all still friends. I remember when we turned 50 that year and we were sitting at the table talking going uh oh we are going to see some things in the next bunch of years...

A ‘Good Friend’ is the person that makes the effort to stay in contact with you. That could be the person you met 6 months ago or a year ago. Everyone is busy, but to maintain good friendships you should be proactive about communications. It doesn't mean you have to sit on the phone for two hours a day, but it does mean you send an email, a text message, a card, or give them a quick call to let them know you're thinking about them.

A ‘Good Friend’ is the person that responds in a timely manner. There's nothing more frustrating than sending a friend an email or note, and having them ignore it because they are "too busy." Everyone is busy. If someone is your friend, you make the effort to be kind to them. Responding to their questions and requests is one way you can do that.

A good friend is someone who does not lie, steal, gossip negatively, envy, those kinds of people will become like a leech and suck you dry and move on to another prey.
A good friend is someone who you can trust, share, love, tease, challenges u mentally. Watches your back. There will be different levels of friendship and im a happy man if i have as many close friends as how many fingers one hand.
Without good friends life can become pointless.

Back