What Does a Cochlear Implant Look Like? - Captioned Video

Drew's Dad

Reaction score
A while ago I made a short video explaining the parts of Drew's cochlear implants, and posted it to his blog in the hopes that it might help some people who had never really seen one (and how it is assembled) before.

A few people said it was helpful, so I also made a captioned version of the video. If any one is interested, the link is here to my post "What Does A Cochlear Implant Look Like?"

Great video, Drew'sDad. And quite thoughtful of you to include the captions.

BTW...Drew gets more adorable the older he gets!

Whoa! A magnet that sticks to the side of a head? How strong is the magnet?

Maybe I should watch a video again to gather more info but it gave me a feeling (in my opinion) that when wearing a magnet sticking to a head, it makes me think that I've been assemilated by the Borg (I'm just keeping my laughs to myself, though).

That's very interesting!

Whoa! A magnet that sticks to the side of a head? How strong is the magnet?

There are many different strengths available to accommodate for the user's thickness of hair & skin. Drew has a 1 (the lowest strength), but others might need a stronger magnet. It's just strong enough to stay on while moving around, but not so strong as to be uncomfortable to the skin. Using too strong of a magnet could create a painful sore.

that is a great video. Thanks for posting.

Also I don't even feel the magnet. It's a nothing to me. I forget my CIs are on, I can't feel them.

Awesome clip, and Blog!

Grayson, I have no 2 magnet (i am adult) it doesn't hurt at all, i guess when my hair grows back fully i probably need stronger one. I can't feel it at all.

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for sharing your information! :)

Back