What do you get at the grocery store?

H.o.H_Angel

Reaction score
Just curious...Making a grocery list.What do you get when you go grocery shopping or what do you put on your list when you're making a grocery list? :popcorn:

Last edited:
I'm sure that a lot of people go grocery shopping at Wal Mart or Target and go to kids section. There in kids section, there are a lot of Matchbox/Hot Wheel cars that have potential to succeed being turbocharged if they were real. Get few of those Hot Wheel Pontiac GTO or Matchbox Camaro Z28s. Teach kids the fine art of playing with those turbocharged vehicles.

Soup, juice, bread, milk, pasta, dog snacks...

I'm making a grocery list now, but don't know what to put on it...so now i'm just trying to get an idea of what to get.

Wirelessly posted

I get groceries. I do not buy paper items or personal products at the Grocery Store. I like shopping for food at either Save A Lot or Winn Dixie. Wal Mart is too crowded for my taste.

Wirelessly posted

I did go this am and got some stuff to make a huge pot of homemade cream of potatoe soup.

lots of stuff for salad! And lots of other veggies - brussel sprouts, squash...lots of oatmeal and flax seed.

-Meat for hubby...almonds, raisins for our cereal. Eggs, stuff for sandwiches cuz he loves sandwiches.

-Apples - he like green, I like red.
-Bananas.
-Milk substitute.
-Organic peanut butter for dogs, almond butter for me;
-olive oil.
-Beans and chickpeas for me.

I don't usually make a list.

Basically, I buy all healthy stuff

Salmon
Haddock
Top Round Steak
95% lean ground beef
Skinless chicken breast
95% lean turkey burgers

fresh(but not organic):
mushrooms
spinach
tomatoes
apples
pinnapple
watermelon
etc

Whole Wheat bread
Whole Wheat pasta

Healthy food does not mean diet..

:wave:VacationGuy, I love fish. Don't get it as much as we used to due to finances after move. But I love baked fish and sardines. My husband hates fish unless it's fried.

I just picked up some brown rice pasta, may have it tonight. I've had sprouted whole grain pasta and soybean pasta but not the brown rice-based one. Has anyone tried it?

I get .... food! lol , no sereiously, I get whatever fits our budget, and keeps us healthy and full.

H.o.H. Angel - not currently. When I was in college, yes. Now I eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet, with an emphasis on raw or sprouted if possible, minimizing wheat <because it is so commercialized and one of the higher-glycemic grains>. I've always enjoyed vegetables and was never a big fan of meat. My parents enjoy veggies too and we always had lots of salad or produce while I was growing up.
I love things like oats and buckwheat and quinoa.

I have possible peanut and certainly dairy allergies <not lactose intolerance> and eat almost no dairy.

:wave:VacationGuy, I love fish. Don't get it as much as we used to due to finances after move. But I love baked fish and sardines. My husband hates fish unless it's fried.

I just picked up some brown rice pasta, may have it tonight. I've had sprouted whole grain pasta and soybean pasta but not the brown rice-based one. Has anyone tried it?

Yes! I am the local expert on gluten free pastas. :) I don't like the brown rice ones. The don't seem to stay intact and behave like pasta should.

:wave:Well, now I know who to ask about the gluten-free pastas! Good to know :)
Hmm...well, guess I'll try it and see what happens - but I was fore:giggle:warned.

Is brown rice bread the same way?

H.o.H., what do you most like to eat? Or what kinds of things do you want to make over the weekend? I don't use recipes but I do like to try to make different things sometimes, like before I made some casseroles with coconut cheese <hubby actually liked it!> So then I had to think what kinds of things was i gonna get to put in the casserole...

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:

Yes! I am the local expert on gluten free pastas. :) I don't like the brown rice ones. The don't seem to stay intact and behave like pasta should.

I would love to learn more about gluten free foods and pasta. A friend has recomended it for my son since he is having so much trouble with gas pains. Dr just want to put him on meds. I rather to put him on a healthy diet.

Back