***what do u do when ur doctor calls u retarded cuz you cant understand his speech**

I probably will say to that dr. "Hello Dr. Retarded and I would like to get another doctor, please."

What this Dr had done is total unprofessional, no question about it. He does not deserve to be Dr in the first place.

Thank you all very much!!!! i will keep yall updated. unfortunately im still sick and the trip to the er was pointless as nothing was done or perscribed of any use. oh well. you know whats soooo very sad is that its this town!!!! its soo closed minded. even my dean at college said you are first deaf student ive ever seen. my thoughts were great this will be a task. boy was i right!!! everyone here is like that ass h... dr! there are good things about living here like 880 sq miles of lake shore line and my house bout and rv but somedays i feel like just picking up and going to a town that understands deaf individuals...
especially when it comes to our rights! im always having to fight for my rights here. its exusting(spelling). like i didnt feel bad enough that rat dr. had to make me feel worse!!! ech! hes a minority himself!!!! thats what blows my mind!!!! what a shmuck! forgive me..

well ill check more into it as i feel a little better, but god bless guys and thank u all!

'kay annie! :wave:

wow, dean said you first deaf student...wow....

sorry you're still sick, more :hug:

'kay annie! :wave:

wow, dean said you first deaf student...wow....

sorry you're still sick, more :hug:

yeah go fig its a smaller town. but we have what locals call border mentality here. very closed minded people here all very clickish too.

thanx for the hugs..:ty:

I say u should report him. Doctors is not allowed to make statements like that... that is just outrageous rude.

Oh Jeez! *shake head*

Contact State Licencing Board and ADA

Good luck!

As an RN, I would encourage you to contact the CEO of the hospital and inform them of this doctor's behavior towards you. As the doctor's employer, they have a responsibility to ensure the professional and quality actions toward all of the patients.Secondly, I would contact a discrimination lawyer and talk with them. Thirdly, I am sorry that you had to experience that. There is NO room for that type of UNPROFESSIONAL behavior. Then contact the AMA and file a complaint. Best wishes to you.

If this person is a student doctor, Is it a teaching hospital?, then the hospital and his trainers need to know about this.

I agree with all of the suggestions of people to contact, especially jillio's letter to the editor. If the hospital perceives public scrutiny they will act and not sweep it under the rug.

If this person is a student doctor, Is it a teaching hospital?, then the hospital and his trainers need to know about this.

I agree with all of the suggestions of people to contact, especially jillio's letter to the editor. If the hospital perceives public scrutiny they will act and not sweep it under the rug.

well its not a teaching hospital. the e.r. doctors are contract. they go threw sooo many doctors every year in the e.r. they offer poor pay and frequently lay nursing personnel off. i mean i know thats in part why the hospital cant get decent doctors. i dont know i mean i have this major fear that if i complain then the next time i need to be treated there im gonna get treated worse. i know this because something simular has happened in past and when my sister stuck up for me and raised her voice at the doctor they kicked her out of e.r., almost everytime ive come in there after i have been treated like crap!! i dont go to e.r. frequently but they do remember their patients. aaarrrggg! i am starting to feel like i need to let sleeping dog lay ya know?

i just know if i do something its gonna get ugly. and to top it all of i have friends whos parents are doctors at this hospital. it may be in my best intrest to let it slide. i know its not the right thing to do, but in this situation to do something about it may make things even worse.......

What does that mean? How would parents fit in. Are you calling them a name?

I was not calling anyone a name! B.S= Bull Shit! I said I bet the parents are
B.S.! I would be if this happen to my child! How did you get name calling from . B.S.!

Back