What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That there's such thing as green/brown colourblindness.

Found that out from an Aussie.

from what I know - most common color blindness is red and green. cuz that's automatic disqualification for pilots.

from what I know - most common color blindness is red and green. cuz that's automatic disqualification for pilots.

Green/red? I think it is the least common. I have partial color blindness in the red/orange/yellow.

It isn't uncommon in people with eye diseases.

Any kind of colourblindness is an automatic disqualification, I believe.

to clarify - in military and coast guard, it's an automatic disqualification because of red/green signs. plus night vision.

Green/red? I think it is the least common. I have partial color blindness in the red/orange/yellow.

yup. green/red color blindness is the most common. check it out.

Green/Red is why you have partial color blindness to red/orange/yellow. they're within spectrum. ROYGBIV.

7-10% of the population... if Wiki is right:

Color blindness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Aussie I was talking to was talking about deuteranomaly.

They can still tell the difference between green and other colour but not when the shades are similar (ie. dark green, brown and black.)

yup. green/red color blindness is the most common. check it out.

Green/Red is why you have partial color blindness to red/orange/yellow. they're within spectrum. ROYGBIV.

7-10% of the population... if Wiki is right:

Color blindness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Aussie I was talking to was talking about deuteranomaly.

They can still tell the difference between green and other colour but not when the shades are similar (ie. dark green, brown and black.)

Well then, I obviously learned that I didn't know as much as I thought about colorblindness!

That's interesting.

That there's such thing as green/brown colourblindness.

Found that out from an Aussie.

Although I'm not colorblind, I have more difficulty with those colors than any other color on the color spectrum.

Here's something that I learned earlier this year: running water + a block of brick hard brown sugar = a very BAD idea.

I learned how BAD and corrupt SSA is. :roll:

I ended up with a gooey and goopy mess and I had to clean up my sink.

Oic, what I have done a few times in the past for brown sugar that had hardened was to place it in a plastic container and cover it with a damp paper towel and before you know it, the sugar became it's own friable (is that the right word?), crumbly self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back