What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why....

It is pretty obvious. If you go skydiving without a parachute, you can kiss your life bye bye!

Speaking of skydiving, one lady was lucky to have recently survived an ordeal in which she went skydiving in Oklahoma and her parachute didn't open. She plummeted 3,500 feet to the ground. She suffered major injuries and ahs been doing well in rehab. There are always risks with these kind of activities, but again, it can be a good thing to be a risk taker with extreme preparation to experience the exhilaration adrenaline along with the feeling you are adequately prepared.

I learned that Bitdefender has free antivirus for tablets and phones. Awesome!! I'm in the process of adding additional security to my devices

I learned that Bitdefender has free antivirus for tablets and phones. Awesome!! I'm in the process of adding additional security to my devices

Apparently you didn't learn well when you got that tablet for the cheap and you said you would never do that again.. Now you are wanting something for free? Think it really is good if free?

I learned a hard lesson today regarding trust. I really need to make some changes in my life....:shock:

Apparently you didn't learn well when you got that tablet for the cheap and you said you would never do that again.. Now you are wanting something for free? Think it really is good if free?

It is. I received an e-mail from Yahoo talking about additional security measures one should take, and when they mentioned free Bitdefender for mobile devices (laptop already has it), I had to check Google Play to verify that, and sure enough, it was indeed free.

It is. I received an e-mail from Yahoo talking about additional security measures one should take, and when they mentioned free Bitdefender for mobile devices (laptop already has it), I had to check Google Play to verify that, and sure enough, it was indeed free.

I have no doubt it's free.. the question is.. how well does it work in protecting your system if it is free????

I have no doubt it's free.. the question is.. how well does it work in protecting your system if it is free????

Very well. It stops suspicious activities cold in their tracks before it has a chance to harm my laptop-- I haven't regretted installing that since then. I don't even have to scan for suspicious activities-- they do it for me. They're one of the best there is, and I would trust them.

I don't know much about the exact one that ChicagoBlue2 is talking about, although I have heard of it. But, back when I got my current computer a friend who is an IT professional suggested Avasti Antivirus which is also free and I have not known of any problems from choosing it.

A lot of elderly people are grouchy and grumpy because they have a negative outlook on their life. They believe they have regrets.

or they're tired of young people's naivety :hmm:

You know these programs pay to have companies plug them right?

For instance Macafee, that might be spelled wrong, is a huge load of crap. You have to be careful when load updates for Adobe and whatnot because sometimes they'll try to slip shit like that in and you have to uncheck the box not to download whatever piece if crap they're trying to slip by you with whatever you want to download. My kids did that once. Someone did that on the computer in the break room at my old job once. Ugh. Sometimes malware IS malware.

For instance Macafee, that might be spelled wrong, is a huge load of crap. You have to be careful when load updates for Adobe and whatnot because sometimes they'll try to slip shit like that in and you have to uncheck the box not to download whatever piece if crap they're trying to slip by you with whatever you want to download. My kids did that once. Someone did that on the computer in the break room at my old job once. Ugh. Sometimes malware IS malware.

It's McAfee. I personally don't trust Norton Security-- it destroyed a PC my late friend had.

or they're tired of young people's naivety :hmm:

Perhaps.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Many times people don't pay attention to what checkboxes are checked by default. This is one way how companies sneak programs that have nothing to do with their program that an user wants to download.

It's McAfee. I personally don't trust Norton Security-- it destroyed a PC my late friend had.

I have not ever liked McAfee. I personally like Kaspersky.

Idk.. If you think all or most elderly people are bitter than i guess you have not apend enough time with at least one. Them been lonely can explain a lot of the bitterness... I could be wrong but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back